3.

Gemma's POV

I rolled my eyes at Caleb's text and called Juliet knowing I'll instantly feel better after I talk to her.

"Hello pretty woman" she said answering the call "hey" I saw that she requested FaceTime so I accepted.

Her face was fully visible as she laid on her bed "you look annoyed" Juliet said and I laughed "guess because of who?"

She sighed and sat up against the headboard "what did he do now?" She asked, her face turning more serious now "it's not that big of a deal he just promised he'd take me shopping and he bailed on me so he can go hang out with his friends"

"What an asshole damn" she said and I nodded agreeing with her "you want me to take you shopping?" I raised my eyebrows at what she said "are you serious?"

"Yeah. I'm deadass serious"

"You do know that he pays for everything when we go shopping together right?" I wanted to make sure that she knows what she's getting into. I have a problem.

"I wouldn't forgive myself if I let you buy things from your money knowing I could've done it. Get ready, I'll pick you up in 30"

I smiled widely at what she said which made her smile "okay. Bye"

———

"You look beautiful" Juliet said as I stepped out of the building. She opened the car door for me making me smile "what a gentlewoman" I said making her roll her eyes at me.

I got in the car and she went to the driver's side and got in "can I have the aux?" I asked her hoping she'd say yes "um It takes some time for another phone to connect to my car so.." she took her phone out of her pocket, unlocked it and handed it to me "..you can use my phone since it's already connected. Put anything you want"

I put some songs I liked and looked over at her every time I changed the song to make sure she's enjoying it and she was, also singing along to most of the songs.

"Oh yes.." she turned the volume up "..this is my shit" she yelled over the music after I put on 'from the ritz to the rubble' by the Arctic Monkeys which I didn't expect her to know but she knows it very well too.

We danced and sang along to every word together. It was a blast honestly.

This is better than the ride with Caleb. He's always trying to fight and it's soo annoying.

After a bit of driving, we got to the shopping mall and Juliet parked the car then we got out and started shopping.

I went into Sephora to get a few things my friend recommended I should try.

I asked the worker there where I could find the mascara my friend told me about by showing her a photo and she showed it to me.

"You can try it if you want" the worker said politely "I already have mascara on"

"You can try it on me. I don't have any makeup on" I looked at Juliet who just smiled at me "I'm loving shopping with you so far"

I stood on the tip of my toes and put the mascara on her lashes "your eyelashes are beautiful wow" I complimented making her smile "thank you"

After I finished, I backed away and looked at her as she did some poses making me laugh "okay I'm gonna take it" I said to the worker who smiled at me and took it from me "anything else?" She asked and I nodded asking her about the lipstick my friend also told me about.

I took it and look at Juliet with a smirk making her laugh "do anything you want baby" she said getting down a little so I don't have to stand on the tip of my toes to her to her face.

She's pretty tall not gonna lie and I love it.

After I tried a couple of more things on Juliet who didn't mind at all, we went to pay.

Juliet took her credit card out and payed. I took the bag and kissed Juliet's cheek "thank you but I'm not gonna let you pay for everything I'm gonna get" I said as we walked out of the store "why not?"

"You're not my girlfriend. You payed for my makeup and I'll pay for the rest" I said walking into another store "no no. If Caleb isn't properly treating you as a girlfriend, I will"

"Oh yeah? And because of that you should be paying for everything?" I asked her and she nodded "I personally like to treat my girl like a princess. Not pay for anything or carry anything" she said since we had a little teasing moment while we were on our way out of Sephora because she wanted to carry the small bag so bad but I refused.

As much as I'm loving it, I don't want her to think she needs to pay for everything and do everything Caleb should be doing. I pay for almost everything when Caleb and I are shopping (unless he's like in a good mood and wants to buy me stuff) but I really couldn't care less about him paying, I just want Caleb to be next to me and be around, talking to me and laughing with me but he's not here to do that shit.

A very simple thing. I have money, I can pay, I just want his presence so we can bond as girlfriend and boyfriend.

But I guess I'll be bonding with Juliet now.

He's an ass and Juliet's an Angel sent from heaven itself.

She stepped closer to me, looking down at me "have fun, shop as much as you want and I'll pay for every single thing. Don't argue with me" she said stopping me before I even said anything.

"You got that?" She asked. I couldn't help but look at her lips then back into her eyes "I got that"

She held my chin gently and made me look up at her. I felt like I was literally under a spell and I'm not even joking.

I'm so glad we were standing at the corner of some store because I know some dumbass would've interrupted this moment.

"Good girl" she said as she was gently holding my chin. My knees are weak.

"Now go do your shopping before they actually close this mother fucking mall" she said making me laugh.

Damn acting as if we didn't just basically have sex.

I love exaggerating.

I picked out a few things and went to the fitting room to try them on.

"Can you zip it for me?" I asked opening the curtain of the fitting room. Juliet nodded and stood up. I looked at myself in the mirror as she got behind me and zipped the dress for me "you look gorgeous"

"You think so?" She hummed and placed her chin on my shoulder "so since I brought you here and I'm paying for your things, am I your favorite person ever now?" She asked looking at me through the mirror.

"No you're not. Keke Palmer is my favorite person ever. You're like a close second" I said making her nod "I'd take that just because it's Keke"

"Glad we're on the same page"