15.

Juliet's POV

A few days went by and I still didn't talk to Gemma.

I'm still pissed off but I have no right to treat her the way that I did. She doesn't know I like her in that way.

I got mad because I genuinely thought that this is the point where I get to have her, where I get to take her out on a date, buy her flowers, kiss her on the cheek after we finish our date, walk her to her apartment, have our first kiss, have her text me cute couple texts.

I was caught up in the moment I didn't even think of the right things to say.

Now I'm not getting the courage to even text her. I'm so embarrassed of talking to her right now after what I said and did.

I just think she can have someone better and I really wished I could be that better person.

I know for a fact that I am better than Caleb. I'm not trying to be too full of myself but I treat the ones I love like my whole life depends on it. When I love someone, I really love them if you know what I mean.

I keep looking at my phone, hoping to see a text from her but why would she even text me? I'm the one that should be texting her and apologizing.

I bounced my leg up and down nervously as I tried to gain the courage to text her.

I took my phone and rested my elbows on my thighs.

<3

Hey
Can we talk?

I left it as simple as that. I just want to talk to her, I want to apologize, I'll do anything to have what we had just a few days ago.

I waited. Hours. No text back. She didn't even see it.

Then she called me.

I immediately picked up the phone. I'm desperate.

I put it up to my ear "hey" I said smiling even though she can't see me "can you come pick me up?" She's crying.

"Send me where you're at" I didn't ask her about the details of the place like whether she's at a friend's house or a party. I don't care right now. I'm just going to go pick her up before anything bad happens.

"I'm on my way" I said and hung up. I ran downstairs to my car and drove to the location she sent me.

I drove past red lights, went over the speed limit but fuck that. I just want to get to her as fast as I can.

I saw her and parked my car. I got out as she started walking towards the car "is this Caleb's place?" I asked and she nodded her head "did he hurt you? Did he touch you?" I asked following her to the passenger's seat but she didn't answer me.

I held her arm and turned her around as her back touched the car "tell me Gemma, did he fucking hurt you? Did he do anything to you? Because if he did I'll go fuck him up right now-"

I was cut off by Gemma's hands cupping my face and pulling me down. She placed her lips on mine catching me so off guard.

But I kissed back. I've been waiting to kiss her for so long and I'm not going to mess this up.

I held her waist and pulled her closer to me as she tilted her head to the side while kissing me.

She backed away from the kiss and I looked into her now red eyes "are you okay?" I asked her and she smiled weakly, nodding her head "I'm okay"

I opened the door for her and let her get in before I closed the door and went to my side.

I got in and started the car "you wanna go back to my place or yours?" I asked her "your place if that's okay. I don't wanna stay alone" I nodded my head "of course that's okay"

I drove back to my place while I constantly took glances at Gemma to make sure she was alright.

Her mascara was down her face because she was crying and she was in an oversized shirt with no pants "is the shirt his?" I asked her. She laughed and shook her head, looking at me "it's yours"

"Really? Damn I don't even remember having it" she laughed and I smiled, glad to hear her laugh.

"We broke up" I heard her say after a bit of silence "was it because of what I said?" As much as I love that they broke up, I just hope she did it because she realized how she should be treated.

"No it's not that.." she said and I nodded looking at the road "..I like someone else and I really can't stand Caleb" she let out a laugh.

I took a glance at her then back at the road. Was she talking about me? Does she like me?

"Who's- um who's that someone else?" I asked nervously as I gripped the steering wheel "you don't know?" She asked me.

I shook my head and cleared my throat. I stopped at a red light and looked at her "are you serious?" She asked raising her eyebrows "yeah"

She laughed "it's you, idiot. I like you" when I tell you this is the happiest moment of my entire life, I mean it.

I felt my cheeks heating up. I looked down shyly "I like you too" I said looking back at her "you better cause I broke up with him for you" she sarcastically said making me laugh "I'm glad you broke up with him. Finally got that toxic piece of shit out of your life"

The light turned green and I started driving "I'm glad I did too. Now you can have me all for yourself" she knows my feelings are on another level.

"Yeah?" I turned to look at her and she nodded "yeah"