29.

Gemma's POV

"She's still not answering?" Jennifer asked coming to sit next to me. They were tanning as I sat in the bar next to pool waiting to get a text from Juliet.

"Nothing" I placed my phone down and sighed. Jennifer held my hand "let's try to get your mind off it" she said taking me towards the pool since they wanted to cool down a little.

We stayed in the pool. They were talking and laughing as they drank some cocktails but I couldn't get my mind off Juliet.

"What if she's cheating on me?" I said making them all look at me "like that is a possibility" I added.

"Babe.. if you said that about that motherfucking rat looking man you dated before her I'd believe it but Juliet will never do that, she really loves you. Stop stressing"

They came beside me to comfort me but nothing could get that thought out of my head. I was cheated on before so it could happen again.

"I'm just gonna go lay down" I said getting out the pool. I took a towel, softly dried my hair and body with it as the thoughts kept flooding my mind.

Is she cheating because I travelled with my friends and she needs someone sexually?

Am I not a good girlfriend?

Does she need something more?

Was she hinting that I'm doing something wrong for a while and I didn't notice so she cheated?

Am I not enough for her?

My heart was beating out of my chest. I can't lose Juliet. I love her too much.

Like I might even consider forgiving her if she cheated on me because I feel like she's just a part of me. I would never do that but for Juliet it's just different.

My love for her is different.

But at the same time, if she loved me then why would she cheat?

My own thoughts are going to kill me. I can't take this shit. I need to sleep to escape what's going on in my head. It's a fucking mess.

I went inside to my room and laid down on the bed. I looked up at the ceiling and kept thinking about Juliet.

I literally feel like throwing up from how much the thoughts are making me sick to my stomach. When we would argue, it would literally depress me. I wouldn't eat, sleep or do anything but we make up quickly which is something I am very grateful for.

Even if I was wrong in the argument, she would reach out so we can talk and I love that. I know it's something not very healthy from my side but I always want to talk to her, I just get scared of the response.

Maybe that's something she didn't like in me. Maybe that's something that made her want to find someone other than me.

Is she going to ghost me without any explanation? Would she ever do that to me?

Tears were now going down my face. I closed my eyes and tried taking deep breathes to calm myself down.

"You look real sexy laying on the bed with that bikini" my eyes shot open and I looked at Juliet who just stepped into my room with flowers in her hands and a smile on her face.

I got out of bed quickly and jumped into her arms, wrapping my legs around her waist and my arms around her neck with my eyes closed.

She placed the flowers down and hugged me tightly "you okay?" She asked but I didn't respond, I just enjoyed the hug that solved so many mental conflicts I was dealing with for the past few hours. I have never been more relieved.

She walked us towards my bed and sat down, me still in her arms "what's wrong?" She made me back away from the hug and looked into my eyes "why are you crying baby?"

"I'm just really happy to see you" I said smiling. She's not cheating on me. She just couldn't answer because she was on her way to surprise me.

I hate surprises now.

"I'm happy to see you too" she said. I leaned in to kiss the lips I missed for days.

We kept kissing for a bit then we pulled back. We held eye contact for a few seconds before I pulled her back into a hug.

We're still together. Juliet is still my girl. The girls were right, Juliet would never do something like that. I'm just a bit insecure.

"Oh thank god you made it.." I turned to look at Jennifer who stood by the door "..that bitch was falling apart" she added pointing at me.

"Bitch you knew?!" She smiled, shrugging her shoulder "you can't be mad. I brought your girlfriend for you"

"I planned the surprise and paid for the plane ticket. You just gave me the address of the Villa" Juliet said as she kept rubbing my lower back.

"Still, you wouldn't have been here without me" Jennifer said then walked out, closing the door "what did she mean by you were falling apart?" Juliet asked which made my smile fade away.

I got off her lap and sat next to her. She stayed quiet waiting for me to speak up which I did after a bit.

"I was just overthinking shit" I said laughing nervously but she wanted more details "like what?" She asked. Her voice soft and reassuring as she reached out to hold my hand when she saw me playing around with my fingers.

"I thought you cheated on me" I said quietly, avoiding eye contact "what? Baby you know I would never do something like that. Do you..not trust me?" I can tell she was a bit hurt but tried not to show it. She kept holding my hand and rubbing her thumb over my skin for more comfort.

"I do trust you, it's me. I get a little worried about things" she laughed then put some hair behind my ear "like what? Someone being prettier than you? Fucking impossible"

I smiled slightly at what she said as she gently rubbed my cheek "I love you so much Gem. You'll never know how much I fucking love you. I don't even look at other girls because I know for a fact no one on this earth will match your beauty. You're like very enjoyable to look at if that makes sense"

"Like I can look at you for days non-stop. And you are the purest, most genuine, smart and caring human being ever. You have the biggest heart and I just adore that about you. The more time I spend with you, the more I fall in love with you"

Being In love with her is an understatement.

No one I've ever been with gave me this kind of reassurance. The reassurance that would help me sleep at night very peacefully without a worry in the world.

I've never felt this way with anyone other than Juliet.

You know that person that lightens up your life by simple being there?

The person you feel the most comfortable with?

The person that makes you happy just by texting you a simple 'good morning' or 'I miss you' ?

The person that calms down your anxiety just by a soft touch?

The person that you miss even after seeing them for hours?

That's Juliet. Juliet is my person.