CAPITULUM 167 - The Revelation (Part 1)

167 | Sleep

XIAFEZIN ROZE'S POINT OF VIEW

I never wished for any of this to happen. I was so tired of fighting over the things we were arguing about. They reminded me of painful things we fought over the years. I knew it will never end so I had to take a leap.

The other side is the selfish one, not me. I am doing all this to save us in a divine way, whereas she's trying to twist me and make me believe that she's doing all this for my own good—when the truth is—the evil spirit on her other end is hurting and she wants to cure it by tainting me.

From the painful words she fired, I am definitely starting to think that she doesn't really care a single bit about me.

Or at least, she couldn't care less...anymore.

Obviously, given the fact that she's soaked in the dark, all she cares about right now is the evil spirit that she is. It is suffering from all the good things I've taught to it.

She wants to erase all of it, while all my life I've been trying so hard to save the both sides. To save myself...from my other self. Or maybe, I've touched something in her heart somehow for years, but it refused to listen to my words anymore. And I can't afford something bad to happen again to any of my friends so I had to do it.

It was excruciatingly painful.

It was my way to end the fight between us and I didn't really think of its possible outcome. It was an impulsive move, once again, but it felt refreshing to see how our fight suddenly stopped. Our dangerous tongue held back from the pain creeping in our flesh, preventing us to throw more daggers of words that can hurt each other.

I bled more when I tried to touch my fresh wound. As for Xia, it seemed like she couldn't breathe anymore as she weakly pressed her back on the acacia tree behind for support, while trying to cover the part where I stabbed her.

Nagtulala na lang ako sa kaniya. I couldn't do anything but watch ourselves slowly die.

Ngunit nakahanap pa ng kaonting lakas si Xia. Nanlaki ang mga mata ko nang makita ko ang pag-itim ng mga mata niya at pag-amba niya ng pagsugod. Bago pa man siya makalapit sa'kin, isang palaso na ang pumagitna sa'ming dalawa para awatin kami!

"Enough, you two!"

It was a familiar voice.

Napaatras si Xia para lang muling mapasandal sa acacia. The sacred arrow hit the ground and it glowed brightly with a power who came from a familiar presence.

Nang nilingon ko kung saan nanggaling iyon, napagtanto kong tama ako. Hindi kalayuan sa'min ay ang nakatayong si Xing Xiao Mei na may hawak na isang hindi pangkaraniwang paná. Her tears fell while looking straight at me.

"M-Mi Aohma..." naibulong ko.

Napabalik ang mga mata ko kay Xia. I believed the knife I used was powerful enough to end spirits lives, so I really thought it was the end for the both of us. But then, when I saw Mi Aohma appeared in my view catching me with her arms so I wouldn't fall bad on the centipede grass, I somehow felt the hope from the light she brought with her whole being. Even just a thin wall of hope...

Napakapit ako nang mariin sa kaniya at napaluha nang tuluyan.

"Roze, I am here. Hold on tight! Don't be scared, sweetheart, I am here!" 

Suddenly, everything seemed to travel through the air in slow motion until the scenes were processed by my brain. I heard Ival's voice somewhere at the back, rescuing my friends. Until I saw them from my peripheral vision going back and forth, calling Xia's name, and other blurred words I couldn't understand anymore.