CAPITULUM 179 - The Revelation (Part 1)

179 | Blades

XIAFEZIN ROZE'S POINT OF VIEW

The door revealed Kendall. She snapped her hands on both sides as soon as she entered. Pawis na pawis siya at hinihingal na tila ba galing sa isang mahabang pagtakbo.

"Krystal, Roze! We have to leave already!" she uttered tensely with a grave expression. "Mainit kayo ngayon sa mata ng palasyo! Lalo ka na, Roze. We have to get you out of here before the queen gets after you!"

"I know."

I looked up to Krystal and he held my hand. I was expecting him to still answer even after Kendall's interruption but he didn't give me any word. Hinila niya lamang ako palabas ng comfort room. Sumunod agad sa'min si Kendall, tumatakbo.

Sa gitna ng mabilis na paglalakad paalis, akala ko maaabot na namin ang daan palabas, pero sinalubong kami ni Yurikahana.

I thought she was alone but Blake and the others came after her: Klaud, Tatiana, Yassi, Heidi, and Luna. It seemed as if they were about to stop her from coming to us but it was too late.

Krystal was about to place me again behind him but I moved faster this time and placed him behind me instead.

"Is it true?" malamig na bungad ni Yuri sa'kin. "You are planning something against the government!"

"I'm not against the government. But if you're talking about President Riva's regiment alone, then maybe you're right. I am against the government," pagsang-ayon ko.

"Then you are trying to betray Krystal over Darcee...by making him the king!"

"That's fake news," diretsahan kong sagot. "However, I don't mind if Darcee's going to inherit the throne over Krystal."

"Alam mo naman siguro na nililigawan ng palasyo si Krystal para pumalit na kay Papá Lazzaro, hindi ba? Huwag mong sabihin sa'king may pinaplano ka para buwagin ang pinagkasunduan na."

Naningkit ang mga mata ko. "Ano ba ngayon sa'yo kung papasahan ng korona si Krystal o hindi? I don't think it should concern you. Kapag sinabi kong ayaw kong maging hari si Krystal, may magagawa ka ba?"

Her eyes widened angrily. "Napagkasunduan na ng mga Valerious at ng pamilya ko na si Krystal ang magmamana ng trono-"

"Gusto ba ni Krystal tanggapin ang pamanang iyon?" putol ko sa kaniya at hindi siya nakaimik. "We talked about that a long time ago. And maybe you haven't changed your mind, Krystal?" Bumaling ako kay Krystal. "Or has anything changed?"

"No, nothing at all. It still depends on the terms I prefer. It also depends...if you want me to."

Binalik ko ang mga mata kay Yuri. "You heard that? That's the answer for you."

"Unbelievable," she uttered in disbelief.

"He doesn't want to be the ruler," I clarified. "Tell that to the other Monteblancos. Process it and move on."

"Then that just makes sense why you're aiming for Darcee to take the throne!"

Halos mapailing ako. "Please, Yuri. Don't read anything into that. People just keep claiming that I did something I don't even know. You guys keep creating a different version of me in your heads, it's crazy. You better drop that before it explodes your mind-"

"Who are you to talk about sanity when you, yourself, are crazy?!" sikmat niya. "You think so high of yourself just because you're a Valerious now!"

"Just be grateful that I'm not crazy enough to chop off your head and eat your hair," I mumbled thoughtlessly.