CAPITULUM 184 - The Revelation (Part 1)

184 | Wildfire : Spicy Vanilla

XIAFEZIN ROZE'S POINT OF VIEW

My eyes opened wide in concern. Nawala ang pagkalasing ko sa nangyari, lalo na nang makitang nakatayo na si Ruiz malapit sa pinto at umiiyak na habang yakap ang kaniyang dinosaur stuffed toy.

"Dada! Why are you hurting Momma?!"

That's...straight!

Nagkatinginan kami ni Krystal na agad ding napatigil sa ginagawa. I pushed him a bit.

"Y-You didn't lock the door!"

Shit!

Sa sobrang pagkagulantang namin, muntik na kaming magpatihulog sa kama para itago ang mga sarili. Madaliang inayos ni Krystal pantalon niya habang tinakpan ko ng kumot ang katawan ko.

Halos masabunutan ko ang sarili ko habang patuloy sa pag-iyak si Ruiz.

When Krystal's done, he immediately picked up our son to bring him out of the room. Kumawag si Ruiz, ayaw magpabuhat.

"No, Dada! No! Why are you hurting, Momma, why!" Ruiz cried until I couldn't hear him anymore after the door closed.

Sabay kong sinampal ang magkabilang pisngi ko para matanggal ang kalasingan.

Kalahati sa'kin ang gulat at gustong daluhan agad si Ruiz, at kalahati sa'kin ang gusto na lang na mahimatay sa panghihina matapos ang mainit na sandaling iyon.

Still hot and dazed, I tried to get up. Nakabalot ang kumot sa katawan, dumiretso ako sa bathroom para maghugas bago ako nagbihis sa walk-in closet.

I can still hear Ruiz's cry so I hurried up and fix myself before walking calmly out of the room. Bagong damit na ang suot ko. Malinis na bestidang puti na parang walang nangyari sa'kin.

Though I just saw myself in the mirror, still so red and flushed.

But it doesn't matter now. I have to comfort our son and...at least...try to explain to him what he just saw back in the room...in a way that he'll understand.

"Ruiz, listen to me. I did not hurt your mommy, okay? I will never do that—"

"She's cwying! I saw her teaws, you made hew cwy!"

Nasa terrace ang dalawa. Nakaupo si Ruiz sa upuan habang nakaluhod si Krystal sa kaniyang harap para maglebel ang kanilang tingin.

Tumigil na si Ruiz sa pag-iyak at tanging paghikbi na lang ang nariyan habang masungit na nakatingin sa kaniyang Dada.

"I-I don't want Momma to be away again. I-I-I don't...I don't want hew to leave us again, Dada!"

Natigilan ako sa paglapit...dahil sa narinig. May umalong sakit sa dibdib ko.

Krystal's expression was a mixture of concern and trepidation as he looked at our son who was staring at him, unsure of what was happening. It's clear that Ruiz has been caught off guard after witnessing the very intimate moment between us, his parents. 

"Say sowwy to hew! Don't make hew leave us again!"

Krystal's lips parted. "Leave us again? Who told you that? Your Momma never left us. We couldn't be with her before because...we didn't get along then. And she didn't know about you. I told you this before, didn't I? I already explained to you why Momma wasn't here. And now that she's here and she already knows about you, she won't leave us because she loves you—"

"But Momma will leave you because you made hew cwy! A-Ayaw ni Wuwis...iwan ka ni Momma, Dada!"

Despite the awkwardness of the situation, Krystal looked determined to reassure his son and protect his innocence. He reached out to take his son's hand, his palm sweating slightly. As he looked into Ruiz's eyes, I could see the fear and helplessness that he was feeling.