CAPITULUM 191 - The Revelation (Part 1)

191 | Bathtub

XIAFEZIN ROZE'S POINT OF VIEW

"I can't believe you bought all of that for yourself alone! Wala ka man lang bang binili para kay Dior?" usisa ko habang pinapanood si Kendall na dala ang mga shopping bags habang si Marshall ang nagtutulak ng strolley ni Dior.

So far, our team has been enjoying our vacation in Cebu, soaking in the sun and the local culture. On this particular day, we decided to explore one of the city's bustling malls. Kakatapos lang namin manood ng sine at mag-shopping. It's already eleven-fifteen, almost time for lunch. Sa mga nakaraang araw, hindi kami masiyadong lumabas kaya ngayon ay kompleto at magkakasama ulit kami.

"Of course, I bought stuff for her! Ano ka ba? You know I always like it when we're twinning, so all of the things I have, she must have their pairs as well!"

The mall was a kaleidoscope of colors and sounds, with locals and tourists alike perusing the stores and food stalls.

We strolled leisurely through the mall, our steps in sync with the lively hum of chatter and music around us. We were laughing and joking, swapping stories and sharing smiles, our camaraderie a bright spark in the bustling crowd.

"I'm starting to get hungry, guys. What about you?" si Kim sa gitna ng paglalakad namin.

"Same here! Let's check out the food court. Do you guys have any particular cravings?" tanong ni Shantal para sa lahat habang nag-i-scroll sa phone.

"Hmm, I'm not sure. There are so many options. How about you, babe?" sabay tingala ni Kim kay Darcee.

Nakakapit siya sa braso nito. Nauuna sila sa paglalakad kaya kitang-kita at pansinin. Nag-iwas ako ng tingin sa kanila at humawak kay Krystal.

"I could go for anything, really. But you know, I've been thinking about trying that new Mexican place. I've heard their tacos are really good."

"Oh, that sounds tempting!" Kim beamed. "But I was also eyeing that sushi spot we passed earlier. Their rolls looked so fresh!"

"That's a tough choice. Both sound great. Maybe we could get a little of both and share?"

"That's a brilliant idea, Shanny! Let's do that. This way, we get to satisfy both cravings. And we also have to consider the kids!"

"Oh, my Dior isn't a picky eater. She's fine with any nutritious food," Kendall said lively. "While my Ruiz requires extra-nutritious food. He has a strict diet to maintain."

"Momma, I'm hungwy, too," paalam ni Ruiz na nasa big kid stroller din niya.

"What do you want to eat, baby?" tanong ko habang mabagal namin siyang tinutulak ni Krystal.

"I-I want some vegetables sandwich."

"Hold on a bit, Ruiz. Kakain na rin naman na tayo. We're almost there. Then we'll look for some good courses to eat," magaang wika ni Krystal. "Okay?"

"Okay, Dada!"

We continued walking to the food court. The colorful displays in the mall's big windows caught our eyes, but they were mere distractions from the real joy of our day out-the freedom to simply enjoy each other's company. The tension of our work, the pressing deadlines and endless meetings, felt like a distant memory. Truly, this is a well-deserved break.

As we turned a corner, our laughter died down from a joke, replaced by a palpable silence. There, amongst the crowd, was a face we recognized all too well.

A face...that belonged to an enemy.

Seriously, of all the places...dito namin siya makikita? Nandito siya sa Pilipinas?