5. Ice, I'm gay, please stop.

I stared while giggling at our 'might already a little bit drunk' picture that Vero posted in her twitter

I stared while giggling at our 'might already a little bit drunk' picture that Vero posted in her twitter. We look pathetically drunk.

"So are you planning to move on now? Because, you literally saw them using your own eyes. If that wasn't enough to back off" I told her what happened in the parking lot because she also caught me tearing up inside the cubicle "your situation is hard. The hardest feeling of falling in love is falling to a straight girl that you will never have a chance"

I didn't know it could hurt like this, I thought it will be bearable because she's just a puppy love—is it still considered puppy love when I'm secretly loving her for almost 8 years now?

I sighed then drink the last liquid substance of this Korean green gin bottle that called soju. I thought this alcohol is manageable? I saw this a lot of times in dramas but it took them 8 or more bottles before it kicks in and right now we're just on our two bottle but why do I feel like it is already getting into my system?

"Summer?? Hello? Don't tell me you're already drunk" Vero snapping her fingers in front of me to get my attention.

"I don't think I can drive" honestly.

"What?" She tilted her head to where I parked the car "yep you're drunk because you didn't bring a car weirdo"

"Oh?" I also look at the parking lot "right" I stood up then grab the bag

"And where are you going?"

I point to this bag "I'm gonna drop this off to her condo then that's it. Tomorrow? I'm gonna distant myself"

She look unconvinced but still nodded "Good luck soldier of love"

————-

I'm standing for I don't know how long now in front of Ice door while hugging a bag full of her jacket.

—-Hoping that she's not in her condo. I was clearly drunk earlier but it all washed off after sinking in that I'm standing here.

I encoded her lock combination then slowly opening the door. It was dim, clearly she's not home—thank God.

I walked inside then closing the door.

Ice is tidy and organized, everything is cleaned and smells fresh, her favorite jasmine disinfecting room spray.

I opened her living room lamp, we're opposite in terms of lighting. I like my place having a dim light while she likes bright room. She can sleep with her lamp on while I can't sleep even with a tiny glimpse of light.

She must be tired when she gets home. I know Ice, she will not lay down and rest, rather, she will do a lot of things.

This place only serves as her sleeping place since she's super busy even though she's just about to be a residents.

So after hanging all of her jackets, I proceed to the kitchen to make her bottles of Iced coffee latte to stock it, so it will be one grab away.

After making 7 bottles of it, I sat down to her couch to check if ever a wind blows and she decided to update any of her social media of her whereabouts.

—-but then, with both alcohol and tiredness combined, my eyelids are becoming heavy and the comfort of her couch is slowly convincing me to lay down— "just a nap"

I flinched and when I opened my eye, I found Ice eyes staring at me "Iice" I sit up then wipe the corner of my mouth.

She furrowed her brows "You drove here? I saw Veronica post, you were drinking"

I was under the alcohol earlier but seeing you washed it off. "I took Uber and it was just soju, easy peasy" I lied. It wasn't just soju. It was a little devil inside a small green bottle.

"I um...returned your jacket, hanged it in the closet" I informed with her eyes steadying on me "You look super tired...are you okay?"

She leaned her back against the couch with her head falling into the pillow then stared at the ceiling.

That's the reason why I will never choose Medical field. I rather cook than opening someone's body although I personally enjoy gory movies but not their thick medical book, not their jargons, not their medical term.

"How's lunch with Jaden?"

"Good" she responded, I nodded.

She sit back before lightly pulling down the hem of my shirt "you're wearing my shirt"

"Yep. Because I have no time doing the laundry. Unfortunately my laundry machine was acting up, again"

"Take off your shirt" I almost choked myself with my own saliva after hearing her words.

"Wwhat?"

She scoffed "I thought you like returning my things? so I thought, that also includes"

She had me chokehold and sent me in literal gay panic.

Ice, I'm gay, please stop smirking because you look so damn attractive especially now that I'm partly sober.

"You'll stay the night right? Unlike you, I'm not returning your things, so your spare clothes are still where it was. I'm gonna drop you off tomorrow to your building"

I'm used sleeping here but she is teasing me about what I mentioned in the parking lot.

"You never like driving Summy, that's why I'm wondering what got into you, that you're always bringing your car now"

I shrug "well, because, I know you're gonna be so busy especially it's the last semester, so I don't wanna bug you"

"Your building it's just 8 minutes away from mine" she stated the fact.

"I just don't want you getting tired" but then a thought comes in mind, making me squint my eyes.

"What?"

"You just want to go to our building so you will have a reason to see Jaden"

She smiled at it, damn, I hate it "you and your conclusion is driving me crazy"