Aaaqil (AU): Who?

Warning: This is an AU idea, careful that it isn't canon, and it's sad so thread carefully

Credits: #1 Peng Fan for a headcanon, and the Daybreak community for a crack headcanon

"Have you ever forgotten anything?" Arlo froze at the question. 

"Why would you ask that?" he turned to look at the student behind him. 

"Sometimes... I feel like I've forgotten something important." the boy frowned and looked away. 

"Mh... well..." the nurse clasped his hands together, pressing them against his chest. "It's normal to forget things..." 

"But... Why do I feel like I shouldn't forget this?" Aaaqil groaned in frustration. "Like something important is missing from me!"

"Well... what do you feel like you're forgetting? Any details?" Arlo smiled pitifully at him. 

Once again this happened.

Iris swore she remembered 28 friends. But how many were left now? 

"A boy." Aaaqil squeezed his eyes shut. "A boy with uhm... blue eyes? Or was it red hair? I feel like there was an accent in his voice? Scottish? I-I'm not sure..." 

Arlo looked down. Time and time again the image of blonde hair, a beanie, and a bat came to him in his dreams. 

He could never remember why. 

"Maybe you can ask Jun? Or Yan?" Arlo was getting nervous because he had no idea how to help the poor boy. 

"O-okay." in the distance he heard a despaired howl. "Oh it's happening again. That weird noise." 

"Yeah... what is going on?" Arlo scratched his head. "Oh and... uhm... Aaaqil?" 

"Yes?" the boy turned around. 

"If you see Jun can you tell him to drink less?" 

"Uhm... o-okay." 

....................................................................................................

"Excuse me, Jun?" Aaaqil politely knocked on the quarterback's door. It creaked open. 

"Hello Jun-? I-I wanted to ask you som-" he jumped and raised his foot. He stepped in a pile of some sort of milkshake. 

He looked up to the sad sight of said quarterback sitting on a chair. A green scarf was wrapped around his neck and he was slurping away on the god-knows-how-many-th milkshake. On the wall of his dorm was the drawing of a wolf boy, several high-quality polaroids of the survivors, and one note with the message: "HE HAD A SWEET TOOTH." and "WHO?????" scrawled under those words. 

"J-J... Jun?" Aaaqil was a little scared. This place looked so sad. 

"If it's not Iris go away..." he threw the half finished cup at the wall next to the door. 

"J-Jun! I-I just wanted to ask about-" 

"GO AWAY!" the man stood up, glaring at the boy. 

"I-I'm so sorry!!!" he slammed the door shut and ran off. 

...............................................................

He knocked on Yan's door next. The girl opened it slowly. "Yes...?" 

"H-h-hi Yan, I wanted to ask about- uhm..." Aaaqil fiddled his fingers. "Forgetting someone?" 

She froze up. "Forgetting... someone...?" 

"Y-yes?" the boy was nervous. 

Yan looked up at the sky with a faraway look. "......You were my guardian......"