The Smiley: Harold Larrison

Harold had always loved performances. 

As a child he would dance to make his parents smile, and he was the beloved class clown, doing silly antics to make others laugh. 

He was passionate, and never failed to make life interesting for those around him. He would sing and dance, and participated in any school competition that was in his talent range.

In high school, he met a shy girl by the name of Melody. They got along really quickly, and rubbed off on one another. Melody became bolder because of Harold, and he obtained an appreciation for good food. 

He landed himself a job as a multi-talent performer, and eventually became a star. He even landed a few acting roles in small movies. 

Harold married his high school sweetheart, and this exploded on the entertainment section of the news. He continued his performances, and Melody became a homebody. 

They were blessed with an upcoming addition to the family, and between the both of them Melody was the most excited. 

That day, however, never came. 

A m1sc@rr1@g3, caused by a car crash, took that chance away from them. Melody became st3r1l3 as a result from the car crash, so they couldn't try a second time. 

Melody was devastated, and it broke Harold's heart that he couldn't make his sunshine smile during this troubling time. He eventually suggested they adopt, and Melody agreed to it. 

One night, Harold had just finished his performance, and called his wife to ask her what she wanted for dinner, so he could get takeout. 

One the way to the restaurant, he saw a shop selling all sorts of toys, props and Halloween things. He bought a toy hammer, a rubber chicken and a funny mask. He decided he would put on the best show to make his sunshine smile. 

On the way back home, however, he was jumped by thieves. Harold tried to be smart about the situation so he could escape without a fight. What he didn't know was that the thieves had guns. 

A gunshot rang out as he fell to the floor. He had his mask on his face, drenched in blood. A white mist started flooding the alleyway they were in. 

Harold's last words before he was taken was: "Smile."