The Last Caaaqil? - You Have ONE Chance.

Ft. My OC Melody Dawn Larrison-
OH LAWDY SHE COMIN- *Gets hit with a croissant* 

"Why?!" the ginger punched the wall of his cabin, causing it to shake. It wasn't a very stable structure, so it could collapse from hard impact. 

"What's wrong?" A plain-looking woman entered his cabin. She slowly brushed the hair out of her right eye, placing a wooden basket of goods on the table nearby. 

"He's here." the jock gritted his teeth. 

"Who's here?" the woman looked outside, not seeing anyone particularly eye-catching. 

"Elias. The musician who Aaaqil is fond of." He would huff, and sit on the bed upset. 

"That's nice! What's wrong with that?" Like the others, she didn't know his story, or his connections to people such as Elias. If she knew, would she react differently?

"No, not that. It's... Aaaqil is in love with Elias." He looked up, frowning. "It's going to come apart all over again and I can't do anything about it." 

"Come apart?" She blinked in confusion. Then again, she didn't understand. He never told them what he did - well, what he didn't do - that lead to any issue with Elias. 

"I love Aaaqil, Ms Mel. I don't know what I need to do to solve this! I've been hopeless in love but at the same time I'm too scared to tell him because what if I hurt him?!" He held his head, frustrated. 

Melody, whom you can call Ms Mel, fondled her fingers quietly, deep in thought. This was probably useless, Callum thought. She can't help him, no one can. 

"You have one chance." was the response she gave to him. He turned his head in frustration. 

"What the heck is that supposed to mean?! I have one chance?! What good is one chance?! What do I need to do?!" He groaned and covered his face. This was pointless, wasn't it?

"You have once chance to make all of this right." She hummed and grabbed a pastry from her wooden basket. "Cinammon roll?" 

Sighing softly, he accepted it and took a bite. It was a little tangier than normal cinnamon rolls. "Why's it a bit sour?" 

"Lemon zest." She kept her hands behind her back, humming lightheartedly. 

"Oh," was the only reply he could muster. "But seriously, I don't understand what you mean." 

"Think about it." She smiled weakly. "You love this boy. You want to be with him, right? You want to spend your life with him? You're driving him away with your cowardice. If you don't take the last chance, it will be gone."

"But what do I do Ms Mel?" He looked at her, defeat written all over his face. 

"It's actually quite simple," she began, "you begin with telling him how you feel." 

"Is it really that simple?" He grumbled. This was not making him feel better in the slightest.

"Do you want to know why you're driving him away? Because you're too afraid to tell him how you feel." She let it sink in for him. 

Oh. 

Oh.  

"So you're saying I have a chance?" He looked up at her, hope in his eyes. 

"That's honestly up to you." She looked up to the ceiling. "This is your choice, not mine. I'm not the boy who's curled up in his cabin every night crying because he's in pain. I'm not the girl whose barely hanging on and her boyfriend is not even full commited to her, in love with someone else."

"Oh my god, is that what I've been doing?" This earned him a light smack to the head and a disappointed stare from the blonde survivor.

"Absolutely. You've been leading those two in a tango that's a constant push and pull, not only is this draining their energy, it's draining yours as well. You are letting them love you and you never even clarified if you love them back, you're playing with their feelings, and that's not a good thing, intentional or not. You are pulling off the ultimate jerk move." 

Callum's heart sank hearing that. "Crap, crap I'm starting to see your point." It sort of made sense now. 

"Do you know how painful it is for anyone who is in a relationship that isn't working, and the potential cheating it tends to bring? Do you know how exhausting it is to love someone without knowing if they ever love you back?" Her hair lightly shadowed her eyes, giving them a menacing glow. "Do you know how damaging your actions are?" 

"Y-yes ma'am..." He looked down in shame. 

"Good." She sighed and carded her fingers through her hair. "Remember what I told you?" 

"I-I have one chance...?" He gulped audibly. 

"Yes, now please, please don't wait anymore. If you truly love him then go and fix this before it's too late." She looked at him silently. 

"Y-yes, I will." He ran out of the cabin to try and handle the situation he let spiral out of control. 

As he ran, Melody sighed once more and looked up at the ceiling. "Harold, if you're out there, give this poor boy the strength to do the right thing."