The Training

"You're late," a voice booms as Y/N walks inside the brick wall gym with concrete floors.

"I was just-" she didn't even get to finish her sentence before a flash of magic threw her back into the wall, pinning her down. Try as she might she couldn't break through with her own green flares.

"You haven't been here for months and you just prance in here like this," She says, dropping her to the ground.

"I'm sorry," Y/N says, a bit of blood spilling from her mouth from her face hitting the floor.

"your apologies mean nothing," The woman spits, leaning over her body. "Get up, now!" She says, turning away.

Y/N tried to send a rush of magic towards her but she couldn't conjure enough of it to make it anywhere near her.

Y/N didn't know this woman's name, all she knew is that she had some kind of dark wizard magic and she usually knew what she was talking about. Kamaar taj was infamous for having straying students and it was usually easy to find one with enough knowledge but Y/N's magic was not the same. Louis thought that this teacher would be good for her, that all she needed was someone to be tough.

She showed no mercy in her 'training', giving cheap shots and attacking her where she knew she was weak. Y/N had spent more time on the floor than on her feet the entire time but It was when she was struck across the face with a bare hand that her anger start to boil over. She closed her eyes and tried to remember what she had observed from Wanda.

She closed her eyes and took a deep breath, focusing on the power coursing through her.

She opened her palm to the woman and a whooshing green wind threw her, Slamming her to the wall in the same way she had done to Y/N when she first walked in.

It startled Y/N how she was able to do that, that she was finally able to do something with it.

Her trainer groaned as she tried to stand back up but was stopped in a kneeling position.

She was laughing, it was strange for the woman who hadn't even mustered up a smile.

"Good," she said, holding her side from the pain, "use that rage."

——————-

It was the first time Y/N had put up a fair fight. Their magic was pushing against each other and many times they practiced it, Y/N came out on top.

She had another busted lip, bruises all over her legs and arms, and what felt like a black eye but her opponent looked about the same.

"Are you okay do you want me to.."

"No, I don't trust you enough yet," the woman says as she opens up a portal, she was holding her side right where a blast of magic had hit her, "heal yourself and go home. We'll come back to this next week. Good job!" She smiles slightly looking back.

The portal closes and she smiles to herself. Good job. Finally, she felt she was getting somewhere, she needed to see Wanda again, she needed to know more.

Her rib was where she felt the most pain and she could see it was already bruising. She holds her hand over it letting the bright green rays heal her, ultimately only leaving behind a smaller bruise.

A deep cut on her arm from a nail on the wall stopped bleeding and left only a small scratch.

Her healing abilities weren't exactly the best but enough that she could walk out of there without a limp and in need of a bandaid.