Drugs and Love

A/N: New Story uploaded!!

It was hour 46, by now detectives had given up with their questions and were holding Y/N because they could.

She put on a hell of a show. She cried in the questioning room pretending not to know Kennedy was missing, pretending to be worried because he was a drunk.

Her story checked out, mostly because any footage of them together was deleted besides that of them on the court.

Apparently, he had mentioned Y/N to his family, briefly when he was asked about his love life. Thankfully, it was just about his crush on her, admiration he had from a distance.

Most of the officers Louis had paid off checked in on Y/N and made sure she had food to eat and a comfortable cot to sleep on.

By hour 48, Harleys demands that Y/N be let out could be heard through the heavy doors.

she missed her bed, she missed Nat. She missed Harley's cooking and was convinced she couldn't eat anything fried ever again after having it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner for 2 days.

Louis looked relieved but Harley's relief seemed more genuine so she hugged her first and held on as long as she could until she had to hug her father.

"Brilliant," He says in her ear. "You did good honey." He hugged her tighter.

—————

The ride home was quiet, Harley rode in the back seat with her force-feeding Y/N her favorite meal, and making her laugh despite everything.

Y/N was usually uncomfortable with so much physical affection, but she craved it. Harley's hugs were warm, her kisses were comforting, and her hugs were warm. She wondered if that's what having a mother was like, what her love would feel like.

"Leave her now, we have to go," Louis says to Harley, starting to get a bit annoyed by her not wanting to leave. She had asked Y/N if she was okay maybe one hundred times but not once did she believe her.

She was right not to, she wasn't okay. Her father had threatened to throw her back into a place she was starting to think was just a nightmare. Even the thought of it crippled her with anxiety and fear.

Natasha wouldn't be back until tonight, something she wouldn't have known if Harley didn't tell her while her father was in the bathroom.

"How was the trip to the can?" June says, strutting out of the elevator.

"Did you bring it?" Y/N asks, without acknowledging his fancy attire.

"Woah Woah, your father would kill me if he found out about this. I need to be sure I'm not making a mistake here," He says adjusting his suit jacket.

"I need to take the edge off. I've been in a stuffy room with no windows for two days, I think I deserve a little fun," Y/N hold her hand out waiting for him to hand over the contents. "this is it?" She says seeing how the small bag was barely filled with white powder.

"It's all you need," He says taking a much more serious tone as he sits next to her.

Y/N emptied the bag on the coffee table in front of them and took the credit card June handed her to split the powder into 3 lines. June already had a hundred-dollar bill rolled up and let her take the first hit.

Y/N felt as if the burn in her nose was already going to be very helpful in forgetting her past 2 days.

June declined the next hit and studied her closely as she threw her head back on the couch and waited for the effect.