Judas

A/N: Personally this is my favorite chapter 🤭

The condo was quiet, it had been for weeks. Y/N always locked herself in the office and Nat never bothered to knock. They slept in their own rooms though sometimes Y/N would fall asleep over the book she had been studying and woke up with a stiff back from being in a chair all night.

Neither of them spoke much to each other unless it was absolutely necessary and on the now rare occasion that they both came into a room together they would avoid eye contact. Sometimes Natasha would have gathered enough courage to go talk to her but Lisa would be strutting in, shooting her a dirty look and hogging all of her attention.

Something had changed within each of them. Y/N was gaining control of her power and with it a lot more confidence. Each day she was slowly forgetting to even think about Nat.

Nat was having the opposite problem. Her mind couldn't think of anything else but Y/N. She was distracted during her weekly meetings and training that even Wanda was able to knock her down without using any magic.

Y/N woke up out of yet another chair sleep, which she had desperately been trying to avoid, and head towards the kitchen for some much-needed breakfast.

Nat was already sitting in a chair with a bowl of cereal in front of her, hoping she would come in.

"Did you sleep in there?" She asked but didn't lift her eyes from her bowl.

"Mhm," Y/N hummed back, pouring herself a glass of juice.

"Why?"

Y//N just shrugged in response, put the juice back in the fridge, and was about to walk out before Nat got her attention again.

"You've been avoiding me," She says calmly.

"What are you going to hit me because of it?" Y/N retorts. She didn't really care anymore, she was stronger. Anything Nataly tried to throw at her would be nothing compared to what she would have coming.

Nat sighs, usually, a comment like that would've thrown her temper over the edge but she couldn't manage that anymore, not with Y/N. Her lips turned up to the slightest smile.

"You look beautiful this morning," Nat says, trying to change the tone of their conversation, "every morning," she corrects.

Y/N rolled her eyes and tried to leave again but this time Nat grabbed onto her arm.

"Y/N," She said just above a whisper, her eyes not knowing whether to focus on her eyes or the lips she had missed so much. "I want you to sleep in your bed."

"why?" Y/N snapped back at the same volume.

"Because I want to join you," Nat responded quickly as if she knew what her words would be.

Y/N hadn't expected that to be her response and wasn't capable of thinking of what to say back but thankfully she was saved from having to.

"Darling?" Harley's sweet voice called out from the foyer. From the sound of the footsteps, she wasn't alone.

"In here," She called back in response, forcing Nat to drop her hands.

"Why aren't you ready?" Her father complained when he saw her still dressed in her Pajamas.

"Do you have any bagels? I'm starving," Rory said, inviting herself to open the fridge in search of anything edible.

"I have training in 30 minutes, I can't go," Y/N said.

"I took care of that, go get in the shower and get ready quickly," He demanded, "I'm glad we decided to come early," he mumbled frustratedly under his breath as Y/N stomped away.