Chapter 25

After class was over, I saw Christopher and William talking. Christopher looked tense and William looked calm. I walk over to Christopher and William, but once I got there, Christopher shot me an evil glare that had hatred and sadness in it all at once. Then he slams his locker shut and leaves.

"You see. He hates me!" I inform William pointing at Christopher, who suddenly disappeared with the crowd. I lean my back against the lockers, while looking at the posters that were up for student president, and the dance.

"I'm sure he doesn't," William once again replies, looking at what I was looking at. Why is he so damn calm?! I'm in the middle of a crisis!

I look at Jasmine, who was emptying her locker nearby. "I'll catch you later William." I told him making him nod and close his locker, while walking away.

I walked to where Jasmine was, but then got cut off by Helen. She bumped into me, making all of her "Vote 4 Me!" posters fly everywhere. I get up and help her up as well, apologizing quickly, and helping her pick up what I can grab from the ground, while everyone is walking around us. How worthless.

"It's fine." She said, while also picking up the papers. Helen and I have known eachother 2 years ago still in highschool. We didn't talk much, but I did learn that she has a mother who's a prostitute and a dad who's barely home. Yeah, life doesn't take it easy on her. One day, her mom almost forced her to be a prostitute when the family was running completely low on money, but luckily Helen had an older sister, who yelled at her mom and called her mom crazy for thinking about that, bringing her mom back to reality.

I know this because the next day, she was crying, and by the small bags under her eyes, I can tell she didn't get much sleep neither. She told me everything when I asked what happened. Remember this was all 2 years ago, not one. By now, she probably forgotten me.

"No really, I should help." I commented back, looking at where Jasmine was, but she was gone. The only thing I saw at her locker was these weird dressing teenagers, a.k.a the hipsters.

"You don't have to...oh my gosh. Chelsey I haven't talked to you in like forever. I didn't recognize you without your braces. How's life?" She asked me, while all together, stopping the paper pick up process.

"I should be actually asking you that. How's your mom and dad?" I asked, making her look uneasy.

"My mom left us 3 months ago, and my dad...well, he's still barely home, but he's become more responsible. He leaves me and my sister twenty dollar bills on the table every morning except weekends. On weekends he's not even home, so he leaves us with forty dollars, to share, on the Saturday mornings." She replied, while resuming the paper picking process.

"Sounds like you don't have money problems anymore." I acknowledged with a small smile on my face, still picking up papers that are scattered everywhere.

"My dad got a new job, that's why my mom left. My dad wanted my mom to get a new job too so that we can all start new as a family, but she refused to and left us. Now we just see her once a month. We're supposed to be seeing her in 4 weeks from now. All she does when she comes to see us is stay for 5 hours, trying to try to get my older sister Fiona and I to try and join her in her world of fucking men for money. Yeah, she'll never succeed. One time Fiona got physical, and I had to break them apart. I don't know what my mom did to her when she was small and I was probably a baby or not born, but they have a very very bad relationship." She told me. By the time she finished her sentences, all the papers were picked up.