Chapter 10 Secrets of the West Tower

"I can't believe I'm back here again..." Ruri says as she looks at the tower in front of her. Aera, Shun, Jean, and Lisa are behind her.

"So this is where you've been staying when you're kidnapped by Academia?" Jean asks as she stares at the tower.

Just then, a female woman is standing in front of them. She says, "So you have come back to this place."

Ruri recognizes the woman, as she says, "You..."

"My name is Diana, the guardian of the Western Tower." The woman says. "Since you're back, the Professor must be happy to see you back."

"If you're going to take my daughter, think again." Aera says.

"Mom is right. Ruri is not going with Academia." Shun adds.

Ruri says, "No, Mom, Brother. I have to do this. I am not the same weak girl as before. I'll beat you this time."

Ruri activates her Duel Disk and the Field Magic Crossover activates. Diana says, "Oh? You're going to duel me? You'll never beat me."

After she activates her Duel Disk, both of them yell, "Duel!" (Ruri:4000)(Diana:4000)

"I'll go first. From my hand, I activate the Magic Card: Fusion! From my hand, I fuse Guardian Baou and Moon Soldier Lady from my hand! When the shining moonlight hits the Flamberge, the two warriors become one! Fusion Summon! Descend! Moon Protector!" (ATK:2100/DEF:2400 LV:7)

After the Fusion Monster appears, she says, "Now Moon Protector's effect activates! I Special Summon a Protector's Shield Token. (ATK:0/DEF:0 LV:1) As long as I control this Token, you can't attack Moon Protector. I set one card and end my turn."

Ruri says, "My turn!" After Ruri draws the cards, she says, "With Scale 0 Lyrical Luscinia Ruby Lark and Scale 2 Lyrical Luscinia Amethyst Sparrow, I set the Pendulum Scale!"

After two Monsters are on the Pendulum Zone, she says, "With this, I can Summon Monsters from Level 1. Pendulum Summon! Come forth! 2 Lyrical Luscinia – Cobalt Sparrow (ATK:0/DEF:100 LV:1) Lyrical Luscinia - Sapphire Swallow! (ATK:100/DEF:0 LV:1)

After the two Monsters are on the field, Ruri says, "I Overlay my three Level 1 Lyrical Luscinia! Birds with beautiful wings! Gather on the battlefield and take brilliant flight! Xyz Summon! Dance in the sky! Xyz Summon! Rank 1! Lyrical Luscinia – Recite Starling! (ATK:0/DEF:0 RNK:1 OVU:3)

After the Monster appears, Ruri says, "Recite Starling gains 300 ATK and DEF for each Overlay Unit it has!" (ATK:0-900)

Shun says, "Right now Ruri can only destroy the token on the field..."

"How about we have a little fun right now? I use Continuous Trap: Admiration of the Keepers! It negates Recite Starling's effect and Special Summon 2 Protector Shield Tokens to my field!"

"That means the ATK that Ruri managed to gain was negated..." Lisa curses. (ATK:900-0)

"Your Monster can attack all the Protector Shield Tokens, however, if you don't attack, your monster will be destroyed. Now, what will you do? Are you going to attack my Protector Shield Tokens? Or will you not attack and lose your Monster?"

"She's doing it on purpose!" Shun says with anger. "She knows that even if she attacks 0 ATK means that her monster will also get destroyed no matter what."

Ruri says, "Don't worry about that, Shun." Just then, they notice Ruri's eyes, they are showing determination. "Because I am also a Lancer."

She jumps on the platforms and grabs an Action Card. "Action Magic: Extreme Sword! I increase Recite Starling's ATK by 1000! (ATK:0-1000) Battle! I attack your token with Recite Starling!"