𝟕

𝙚𝙭𝙘𝙪𝙨𝙚 𝙖𝙣𝙮 𝙢𝙞𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙠𝙚𝙨.

𝗕𝗮𝘁𝗼𝗻 𝗥𝗼𝘂𝗴𝘂𝗲, 𝗟𝗼𝘂𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗮𝗻𝗮 - 𝟵:𝟮𝟳𝗣𝗠.
𝗘𝘀𝗺𝗲.
☆ ▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂ ☆

I gasped watching Zuri slam my front door making me run to the front door.

"Ma stop, just let her calm down" Zay said as I grabbed the door handle.

"But it's dark outside what if-"

"I'm texting her right now she waiting for her friend to come get her just give her space" He explained.

"But-."

"Ma" He stale faced me.

I slowly let go of the door handle nodding.

"Okay" I sniffled before I frowned at my husband.

"I can't believe you just did that" I spat.

"You ain't the only one that's shocked. I can't believe she talked to me like that" He scoffed.

"Zay, go upstairs" I clenched my jaw.

"Oou you in trouble pops" Zay eyed him.

"Shut the hell up boy" He kissed his teeth.

After Zay jogged upstairs I mugged Rico who had the dryest expression on his face which made me even more mad.

"You promised me you'd never put yo hands on our kids Rico. How could you? Especially to your only daughter?!" I yelled.

"Don't start that shit Esme. I kept that promise for 18 years but the way that girl talked to me I'd do it again inna heartbeat. She disrespected me and ian gon tolerate disrespect in my own house" He spat.

"Can you blame her Rico? You're always down her back about everything and then act all surprised when she's excited to leave for college, you drew her away!" I yelled.

"You got issues man" He chuckled.

"I got issues? No you got issues and it's affecting your relationship with your kids and you don't even see it. You wanna know what Zuri asked me today? She asked me why were you so angry all the time but I told her it's cuz you naturally aggressive because I refuse to tell her the truth" I spat.

"What's the truth Esme? Huh? That I thought having kids was would be the chance where I can finally do right by someone without hurting them first but my own kids hate me? That's the truth you wanna hear Esme? HUH?" He yelled getting in my face.

"They don't hate you Rico" I cried.

"Yes they do. My own sons barely talk to me and I just lost the one way me & my daughter bonded" He spoke.

"I just wish they looked at me how they used to when they were younger" He mumbled sitting down.

"Rico if you feel like you don't have a bond with our kids anymore then change watchu doing. I know you want the best for them but you're doing it in the wrong way. Pressuring them and suffocating them and pointing out things they already know isn't gonna help you have a bond with your kids. Our kids could've turned out way worse so you needa cut them some slack" I grabbed his hand.