47

Excuse any mistakes...

New Orleans , LA - 2:45PM.
Zuri.
✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩

"Hey baby how was your first week?" My mom smiled. It was Saturday morning and I had finally finished my first week at school. I was so hungover and I was finally eating my first meal of the day which was a bagel and some fruit with orange juice. I felt like shit and so did Orion which is why he was still sleep.

"It was actually really good. Coach noticed that I'm my old self and told me to keep up the good work, I don't cry over ghost anymore, I'm genuinely doing good right now" I smiled.

"Oh baby I'm so glad and as more time moveds forward you'll be like Ghost who? I'm so glad you let him go" She smiled.

"Me too sorry I was so stubborn" I sighed.

"It's okay baby you're stubborn like me you just had to learn on your own" She spoke.

"Yea.. but how's dad and Zay?" I asked.

"They're both good. Your father his old usual self and Zay's just been hanging with his girl friend when he's not at school. He said he's tryna hang out with her as much as he can before he goes to college this upcoming fall" She shook her head.

"I kinda feel bad cuz they so cute together and she's a sweetheart" I ate my fruit.

"I know me and your father both adore her but you know Zay wants to go pro and that comes with sacrifices like leaving for college to get to where he wants to be. If they're meant to be they'll work it out but it's probably just puppy love" She shrugged.

"If they break up I know he gon cry you know Zay sensitive"

"Stop talking about me" I heard him say.

"Hey baby brother" I cooed.

"Don't try to be nice now" He flicked me off in the camera.

"Love you too" I laughed. "Ma have y'all talked to Zy?" I asked.

"Yes we try to call him every other day he's finally been answering I had talked to him before I called you just now" She explained.

"Oh that's good. I'll prolly stop by and see him tomorrow I'm going to my old roommate's apartment later to help her unpack some stuff. I told you she was pregnant right?" I asked.

"I think so. How's she been and how far along is she?" She asked.

"Almost 5 months. I miss her being my roommate but I like being laid up more" I smirked.

"Laid up with who?" She frowned.

"The one daddy caught me with. Ma I really like him I think he's my soulmate" I began to talk a lil lower making sure Orion was still sound asleep.

"I would say I wanna meet him but how things went with you know who.."

"He's different ma. You'll love him I swear" I reassured her.

"I'll believe it when I see it. Maybe instead of coming to Cali for spring break y'all can stay here" She suggested

"Oh absolutely not me and my friends going to Miami" I shook my head.