𝟑𝟕

𝙚𝙭𝙘𝙪𝙨𝙚 𝙖𝙣𝙮 𝙢𝙞𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙠𝙚𝙨.

𝗕𝗮𝘁𝗼𝗻 𝗥𝗼𝗴𝘂𝗲, 𝗟𝗔 - 𝟯:𝟭𝟭𝗣𝗠.
𝗭𝘂𝗿𝗶.
☆ ▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂ ☆

"I can't believe we let this happen" Esme sobbed.

"What do you mean we let this happen? I told you ian want her dating him in the first place but yo ass ain't wanna listen" Rico frowned.

"Can we not do the I told you so bullshit right now?" Esme looked up from her palm hands that were now soaked due to the fact that she was sobbing. Esme had no idea that things were gonna end this way between Zuri and Ghost. She was upset with the fact that she actually believed he was a good guy for her daughter, but as always, Esme was wrong about men.

"I don't see why we can't. I told you that nigga was bad news from the start Esme. If I told you he reminded me of me when I was younger but even worse, you should've listened to me" Rico spat.

"I'm sorry I was so happy that my daughter was happy that I didn't wanna ruin her happiness" Esme scoffed.

"Don't try to to do that. Don't try to act like your daughter was so miserable before Ghost came into her life" Rico frowned.

"Rico she was" Esme looked at him dryly.

"No she wasn't Esme. She was happy with track and her friends and looking forward to leaving for college-"

"And why do you think she was so happy about going to college? She was miserable Rico and honestly you played a role with that. You pushed her too much with track. Do you know how many mornings I caught her crying before her morning workouts? She would already be up crying her eyes out!" Esme yelled.

"What?" Rico looked taken back. "I didn't know that.." Rico cleared his throat.

"Of course you didn't. All you cared about was her succeeding in track. Of course you didn't realize your daughter was actually depressed" Esme spat.

Before Rico would respond, he noticed that Zuri's eyes were beginning to flutter open.

"I'll go get the doctor" He cleared his throat walking out.

I looked around the bright room unfamiliar with my surroundings. I grew confused seeing my dad walk out the room as my mom came closer to me taking a seat on the very bed I laid in.

"Why are you guys arguing?" I squinted my eyes.

"Hey baby. How you feeling?" My mom grabbed my hand as she smiled at me, completely ignoring what I asked her.

"Where am I?" I winced in pain. I had a raging headache and the bright lights weren't making me feel any better.

"You're in the hospital. Do you remember anything that happened last night?" She asked which made me come back into realization.

I quickly sat up looking around the room. "Ghost. Where's Ghost?" I tried to hop out of bed.

"Baby wait" My mom sighed.

"No I have to see him" I removed the covers from over my legs and slowly stood up.

"Zuri please get back in bed. The doctors on his way to come check up on you" She pleaded but I didn't hear her. All I cared about was Ghost and if he was okay.

"She's awake now" I heard. I saw my dad walk in with I'm guessing my doctor behind him.

"Zuri why you standing up?" My dad frowned at me.

"She wants to go see Ghost" My mom cleared her throat.

"Zuri sit down" My dad stressed.

"Hi Zuri how are you?" My doctor smiled at me but truthfully, I had nothing to smile about.