𝟏𝟔

𝙚𝙭𝙘𝙪𝙨𝙚 𝙖𝙣𝙮 𝙢𝙞𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙠𝙚𝙨.

𝗡𝗲𝘄 𝗢𝗿𝗹𝗲𝗮𝗻𝘀, 𝗟𝗔 - 𝟵:𝟰𝟱𝗔𝗠.
𝗭𝘂𝗿𝗶.
☆ ▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂ ☆

I laid in my bed under the covers scrolling on twitter as "2 You" by Mariah The Scientist played loudly in my AirPods. Tears fell down as I listened to the lyrics, relating to every word.

I gasped seeing my covers was removed from on top of me making me frown. I quickly wiped my tears seeing my mom standing over me with a smile small.

"Hi baby" I saw her mouth making me take out my AirPods.

"Can you leave me alone? I'm not in the mood" I sniffled.

"Zuri I know what's going on and I want you to talk to me. I thought you coming home was to see us but you've been hiding in your room since you came home. What are you running from?" She asked.

"Nothing I'm fine" I lied.

"He broke your heart didn't you?" She asked. Hearing those words just made me burst into tears.

"Oh Zuri come here" She pulled me into her chest as I just cried.

"Every time me and your father broke up I felt like my world just collapsed. Baby I know the feeling but you can't just sit in your room all day trust me when I say it's only gonna make you feel worse" She said.

"I'm too hurt to move ma. My heart literally hurts" I sobbed.

"God I hate seeing you like this. I actually liked Ghost" She sighed.

"He's not a bad person he's just not ready to give me what I need" I mumbled.

"Sounds like how me & your father were when we first met" She chuckled.

"That scares me" I blinked at her making her roll her eyes.

"You wanna know what I think?" She asked.

"What?" I looked at her.

"I think you shouldn't let one thing that happened ruin something between y'all. I can see that you love him Zuri so why choose to put yourself through this?" She asked.

"It's not that simple. He hurt me and I was gonna forgive him but now he want nun to do with me" I sniffled.

"Ma I thought he loved me" I cried.

"Come on get up, I wanna treat you today" She stood up.

"I'm good" I mumbled.

"If you stay in here yo father gon harass you" She said. I thought for a second before I sat up.

"Let's go" I nodded.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

"What's the worse thing dad ever did to you?" I licked my ice cream.

"I can't really say. I think your fathers words hurt more than his actions" She sipped on her milkshake.

"Ghost always calls me out and he don't be afraid to. He sees right through me" I shook my head.