𝟒𝟒

𝙚𝙭𝙘𝙪𝙨𝙚 𝙖𝙣𝙮 𝙢𝙞𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙠𝙚𝙨.

𝗡𝗲𝘄 𝗢𝗿𝗹𝗲𝗮𝗻𝘀, 𝗟𝗔 - 𝟵:𝟮𝟳𝗣𝗠.
𝗭𝘂𝗿𝗶.
☆ ▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂ ☆

"Thank you" I smiled at the waitress who handed me my food. I had ordered a salmon Cesar salad and I was so ready to devour it. Just as I grabbed my fork my dad popped my hand making me drop my fork.

"You know better. Now give me your hand so I can bless the food" He frowned at me.

I kissed my teeth locking hands with my dad and mom as they locked their hands together with Zy. After 3 long hours of moving back into my dorm for the new semester we were all exhausted but my parents wanted to take me and Zy out to get something to eat before they left.

"Lord I thank you for letting us make it safely to New Orleans. I ask that you watch over my children as they're now entering their second semester of their freshman year. Please keep them away from any negative energy, distractions, bad boyfriends, and let them stay focused on their education and sports lord. Watch over them, guide them, and let them stay on track lord"

"Amen" We all said.

"You could've said bad boyfriends and girlfriends. Why you gotta throw shade?" I mugged him.

"Your brother never had a girl friend that's why I didn't mention that" My dad kissed his teeth.

"But he could get a girlfriend this semester. Youn know the future" I crossed my arms across my chest.

"Your brother focused on his sport only unlike you" My dad shrugged.

"Rico" My mom sighed sensing that I was about to get upset. It was too late though cuz he got me fucked up.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I spat.

"Zuri ion know why you getting all defensive. You just got out of an abusive relationship and I already caught you with another boy. I'm just telling you how it is, your brother more focused on his sport while you more focused on boys" He explained.

"That's bullshit. I'm dedicated to my sport too" I spat.

"He never said you weren't, I'm just more dedicated than you" Zy sipped on his Sheryl Temple.

"I'm in college it's expected I'm gonna meet people and explore the dating scene" I rolled my eyes b

"Zuri I'm not tearing you down I'm just saying your focus has changed. Remember before you came to college all you thought about was track and you swore up and down that that's all you were gonna focus on and not boys but then Ghost happened and now this new boy I caught you with" He looked at me as I stayed quiet.

My dad was right, I did lose focus and kinda lost myself. It just hurts hearing it come from my parents, well my dad and I'm sure my mom thought about it too.

"Let's just eat please" My mom pleaded.

"I'm not hungry anymore" I slouched in my seat.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

I haven't spoken a word since dinner. We were now pulling back up to my dorm causing me to quickly hop out the car. I've been holding in tears since my dad said what he said. I was hurt because he was right.