Chapter Two

Life's been weird and doesn't feel real. Everything feels hazy and like a dream. I feel like some of my memories are real. I've been feeling like this for the past two weeks. I woke up two weeks ago and had no idea where I was but I soon realised I was in my bed at home. For some reason I felt like I shouldn't be there. I tried asking my brothers but they quickly dismissed me and called me stupid.

I'm currently in the garden practicing my sword skills in secret as my brother's highly disapprove of it, they say it's not lady like and I need to start acting like a girl. I hate being raised by my three idiotic brothers. I miss my parents. Lately I've been feeling like I need to up my training and get better at sword fighting but I don't know why. I feel scared but have no reason to.

"Ava!" One of my brothers shouted.

"What?" They don't answer. "What?" I shout louder which was pointless as they still don't answer. "Morons." I say to myself. I hide my sword in a barrel then head inside. I find my brothers sat around the table reading a letter. "What do you want?"

"We've be summoned to work for the queen as knights and we need to leave immediately so quickly go pack." Josh said.

"Are you kidding me? You're going to work for that psycho?" I complain. Queen Satella is a horrible queen and I am not looking forward to meeting her. She's been the queen my whole life and I can't remember anyone ever saying anything nice about her.

"Don't talk about our queen like that and we don't have choice, we're knights so when we're called up we have to do it." Nathaniel said.

"Just because dad worked for her doesn't mean you have to."

"Don't mention dad, you don't deserve to talk about him or even know him." My brother shouted.

"He's my dad to."

"Not after what you did. Now go pack."

I hate my brothers. I storm off to my room and quickly pack. I don't pack a lot, just some clothes. I can't bring my sword as I have nowhere to hide it. I put on my red cloak then head out to get in my brother's carriage.