Chapter Thirty-One

Kay starts violently screaming scaring the life out of me and making me shoot awake. It wakes Layla to. "You okay?" I ask.

"I'm fine, it was just a nightmare." Kay responds.

"What was it about?" Layla asks.

"Nothing don't worry about it." Kay says once again quickly shutting us down. We know by now that once Kay has shut down the conversation that's it.

I slowly sit up and look around, we're locked in a dungeon which I'm guessing is back in Satella's castle. This is the last place I wanted to find myself back at. The last thing I remember is the queen attacking then passing out. I can't believe Jenson betrayed us. I thought we could really trust him. I thought he really loved Alexander and hated Satella for killing him. But it was a lie. It was just to worm his way into the group. I hope the others managed to escape. I don't know what to do. I feel so hopeless. I can't think like this. We can't give up. I try jumping for the window but it's too high and even if I could reach it, I think it's too small for us to squeeze through. I stumble back and allow myself to fall to my butt.

"We've really lost, haven't we?" Layla said, on the verge of tears.

"Yep." Kay says.

"No, we haven't. We can get out of here. We have to. We have to stop the queen. No one else knows the truth and are too scared to rise up. We can't give up." I argue as I jump up and shout in her face.

"What do you expect us to do? Satella took our powers and we have no weapons. So, tell me, what's your big plan to get us out of here?"

"I don't know but we can't give up. It's not the right thing to do. We have to keep trying." I shout. Kay shakes her head at me. She's clearly given up and lost hope. I think Layla has as well. Frankly, I'm slowly giving up to. I honestly have no idea what we're going to do. I know I shouldn't give up but I can't think of another option. We're going to need a miracle.

Suddenly, the cage door unlocks. This is it. The queen has come to end our lives.