Chapter Twenty-Five

It's lunch time and we're all sat around the fire eating out lunch. I slept surprisingly well last night considering everything is going on. I did have a panic attack but that was due to over thinking a criminal might come in and attack me but Kay assured me that everyone here makes sure to follow the rules and protect each other. I woke up this morning feeling panicky and like I was paralysed. It really hit me this morning that I'm a wanted person hiding from the law in a base designed for hiding criminals. What has my life come to? Ava has spent all morning teasing me as she thinks I'm into Tom when I am not. I mean he's cute and funny and charming and Kay keeps saying how caring he is and protective and he's cute but he's a criminal. Sure, he's a criminal for a good reason but still. Plus, he'd never be interested in someone like me. He's good looking and I'm the complete opposite. Also, he's only a bit taller than me so he probably wants a smaller girl. I'm nothing special.

I take a mouthful of vegetable rice and it tastes really nice. Everyone is eating and chatting. Kay said she's not hungry so she's sat creating shapes and making the fire dance. It's really impressive. Peter is definitely admiring it. He says about how much he loves fire. He says he loves how beautiful it is and loves the way it moves and dances. "So, what are we going to do about Satella?" Ava asks, "we need to come up with a plan."

"We need to get the opals back so we can reverse everything and put things back to normal," the princess states.

"How though?" I say.

"The queen keeps the opals in a locked chest her room when she's not wearing the crown," Jenson informs.

"How are we supposed to get into the castle?" Peter asks.

"Hello? You're in the presence of the kingdom's greatest thieves." Tom said in a cocky tone.

"There's tunnels that run all under the castle and one of them lead to the kitchen, I know where the entrance is" Kay says.

"How do you know? I don't even know." Jenson asks.

"It's service tunnels, the staff use it." Kay replies.

"We can use that to get in. We can sneak in late at night whilst everyone is asleep and get the opals." Ava plans.

"It's best to do it early in the morning..." Tom and Kay say at the same time and start laughing. It's nice meeting a friend of Kays but also weird. Her and Tom seem really close. It's nice. I'm glad for her. Kay and Peter also seem really close, Ava said they're childhood friends. "The queen will suspect it less and the guards will be in the morning change over." Kay explains, "we also should wait a bit for things to calm down as the queen expects us to act now." We start to plan everything down to the smallest of detail.

After we finish planning we spend the rest of the day training which me and Evelyne are really struggling with as we're certainly not fighters. The others are doing really well which is expected considering they all have training apart from Peter, who seems to be really strong which is probably from all of the work he does at the blacksmiths. Tom's been teaching me how to use a knife and where are the best places to attack my attacker are. He showed me this one move where he put his hands on my waist and at first it made me jump but it also felt nice. Maybe I do like him a tiny bit but it still doesn't matter as he won't like someone like me.

After a few hours of training Tom said we should have some fun so he suggested to play hide and seek. Ava's counting first. She says this game is unfair as Kay can hide in shadows. Me and Tom hide together. When Ava started counting he took my hand and told me he has the best place to hide. Kay vanished in the blink of an eye as she smirked, I bet she did that just to annoy Ava. It's weird having so much fun here.