Chapter Three

I'm currently in the garden with my mum and dad collecting herbs for medicine. My dad got back from his job a couple of days ago and I'm so happy he's home. My mum's definitely been happier since he's got home. He said it was the most difficult healing job he's done in years. I don't know why but when he came home I felt like I suddenly woke up. I don't know to explain it. The past few weeks have been a blur. It's like I was an auto pilot but can't remember any it properly. It feels like it was a dream. I remember bits a bobs like collecting herbs, eating and going to sleep. However, I feel drained and like I've spent the last week running. Strangely, I also feel like I should be worrying and upset about something but I don't know what. Why am I feeling like this? Everything is good and I'm safe and with my family so why am I constantly having panic attacks for no reason and crying every night? What's happening to me?

"Pass me the basket please honey?" My dad asks.

"Sure," I pass my dad the basket.

"Thank you Layla."

"I'm so happy you're home dad, I can't wait to get back to learning about medicine and healing." I say not fully knowing why.

"What's up with you? Why the sudden interest and determination for healing? You've always been anxious when it comes to it." My mum asks, confused.

"I don't know."