Chapter Thirty-Two

The door unlocks. I quickly jump up and shove Ava and Layla behind me. In walks Jenson. He has a nerve showing his face. I march over and punch his face. "Do you think you're funny coming here? Come to laugh in our faces?" I shout, angry.

"If I was going to do that then I would've remained outside the cage where I'd be safe from your fists of fury." Jenson says as he clicks his jaw.

"What do you want?" Ava says.

"I want to help. I feel really bad for what happened. You were so nice and welcoming and made me feel like I'm a part of the group and I betrayed you." Is he kidding me? He must be joking.

"As if we'd trust you." I laugh in his face. "This is probably another trap. You're too much of a mummy's boy. I should've seen past your lies the first time but I won't make that mistake again."

"I thought you wouldn't believe me. So, to show that I'm being honest and I do actually care about you I brought you these." Jenson suddenly pulls all the opals out of his pocket and goes to hand them to me.

Just as he does this something bad happens and my nightmare finally becomes clear. It was Jenson dying in my vision. We try warning him but there wasn't enough time. Satella sneaks up behind him and stabs him in the back and the knife pierces right through then Satella pulls it right back out. Blood spurts out of his mouth. "Stupid boy." Satella says. I drop to Jenson's side and immediately put pressure on his wounds but I'm unable to stop the bleeding, blood is pouring out too fast. He was telling the truth. He actually felt bad and wanted to help. He does care. I'm so stupid. My eyes start to tear up. Layla can't even heal him. The opals roll out of Jenson's hand. Me and Satella race to grab them. I only manage to get a hold of two. I got the teleportation opal and the opal containing our powers. "You killed your own son?" Ava shouts.

"As if I care." Satella laughs. I can't get any words out. All I want to do is attack her but I don't have the power or strength. I'm balling my eyes out. I look Jenson in the eyes. I can't do anything to help. I feel so useless. What do I do? Jenson weakly lifts up his hand and I take it without hesitation. There's a note in it. I put into my pocket. He goes weak and pale and cold. The life leaves his body. He's gone. Satella killed him. She killed her own son. "Now to kill you three." The queen says as she wipes the blood off on her dress.

"Leave them alone." I manage to say through my tears.

"You can't stop me." She's right. There's nothing I can do. She points her knife at us. I freak out and all of the energy in my body comes busting out at once. I scream at the top of my lungs and a pulse of energy leaves my body and sends the queen flying into the wall. How did I just do that? I don't have my powers. All of my instincts just kicked in and all I wanted to do was protect the girls. I shouldn't have been able to do that. "Kay we need to go." Ava states.

"No, I can't leave him." I cling onto his body as I cry my heart out.

"Come on." Layla encourages. She picks me off the floor and holds me up. I put the teleportation in my palm. How do I work this? Ava and Layla hold onto my arms. I think of the place Mashie would've taken everyone, it's another secret base that is agreed upon that everyone will go to if things go bad and the main base fails and we get split up. I focus hard on it and picture it in my mind. A portal opens behind us. "No!" The queen screams. I take one last look at Jenson. We then walk through the portal and it closes behind us.