Chapter Nineteen

We've just gone flying out of the dungeon and are now plummeting towards the river. We enter the water and the cold shocks my body and pain shoots all around my body. I start to freak out and my body shakes about. Adreline kicks in and I snap back into sense then swim to the surface. I break through the water and the wind is even colder. I drag myself onto the shore and collapse into the grass. My body is in so much pain. My body is on fire and I can't stop shaking. I can't believe the others trust me, especially Kay, even if they have their doubts, they trust me enough.

I sit up and look around for the others. Layla, the princess and Ava are sat a bit behind me shaking and I think Layla's having a panic attack as her breathing is a lot heavier and faster than everyone else's and she's clutching her chest. On my left-hand side, a bit further down, I can see Peter pulling Kay out of the water and checking to see if she's okay. Everyone is shivering and doing whatever they can to regain the ability to breathe normally.

A few minutes later, Kay lights a fire to warm everyone up and we all swarm it like moths to a flame. Literally. We all just sit in silence taking in the warmth. I sit with the group which I never expected to be doing. "Jenson you're hurt." Layla says in a concerned voice. I look down and realise my arm is badly hurt and I'm bleeding quite a lot. I didn't even realise, I guess the adrenaline stopped me from feeling the pain.

"I'll be okay," I reply.

"You won't so come here." Before I could even answer she puts her hands over my cut and closes her eyes. Her hands start to glow causing my arm to tingle. A few seconds later, she removes her hands and my arm is completely healed, there's not even a mark. How did she do that? "There you go, all better." Layla says as she gives a soft smile. I do an awkward smile back. This feels so weird, I've never had someone look after me or care for me like that.