Chapter Eight

I've just arrived at the castle with my dad. I asked my dad if he could bring me along as I think it's best to learn how to heal people whilst I'm on the job and in the moment. I'm excited but also extremely nervous that I won't be able to understand any of it or I'll mess up. Either way I'm going to try my best and I'm ready to learn everything there is to know.

We step into the castle and a guard immediately rushes us to the queen's room. We stand outside the queen's chambers and at first I'm hesitant to go in but not sure why? I quickly get over it and head in. The queen's room is huge. It has large windows that let a lot of natural light in. The bed is in the middle against the back wall, it's a massive four post bed with blood red sheets. The floor is black marble. The only furniture she has in her room is the biggest closet I have ever seen. My dad immediately rushes to the queen, who is led in bed, and gets to work cleaning the wound and applying ointment. There's a young boy around my age stood on the other side of the bed who I'm guessing is prince Jenson. There's also a handful of knights. The queen looks familiar, like when you see a family member that you knew when you were really young. I can't place where I know her from. I've never seen a painting of the queen before so this is the first time I've seen what she looks like. I start to feel a panic attack coming on and all I know is I need to get out of here. I don't say anything, rush out of the room and race down the hallway.