Chapter Ten

I try calling after Kay but she doesn't listen and even speeds up. I'm surprised to find her here but at the same time not. This is ridiculous, she needs to remember so we can figure out what's going on and how to stop the queen. She needs to stop being so stubborn for once in her life. It's kind of weird seeing her in what I guess is her Abigail form. She seems so weak and scared and fragile which isn't the Kay I know. She needs to snap out of this and get back to the Kay I want to kick in the butt and throw out of a window and also want as a friend.

"What do you want with Abigail?" A voice from behind me said. I turn around and there stands a tall boy with dirty blonde hair.

"That's not any of your business. Who even are you?" I say as I give this stranger a weird and confused look.

"Peter, I'm a friend of Abigail's. Now I'll you ask again who you are and what do you want with Abigail." Kay said she didn't have any friends.

"I'm a friend of hers too. Kind of. Not like she knows who I am anymore. We were friends before everything got really screwed up and changed."

"What do you mean?"

"Nothing."

"Do you mean before everyone's memories were changed and made to believe that Satella is the one true queen?" Peter said shocking me.

"You remember everything?"

"Two weeks ago, I came home from a job, that was out of the kingdom, and found out the king was gone and Satella was suddenly queen. When I asked my father about it he said she's always been queen which made no sense. I asked around and everyone was saying the same which made no sense because I know that's not true. One of the reason's I took the job here was to try to find out what's going on."

"Yeah the queen used these magical opals to manipulate reality and change people's memories. Maybe you weren't affected as she only used the power on the people in the kingdom." I reply.

"How do you remember though? And how do you even know about the opals and what the queen did?" Peter interrogated.

"I was hired by the king to retrieve a crown containing the opals from Nikkius mountain. Two other girls were hired to: A girl called Layla and Kay, well Abigail as you know here. We failed our mission. I don't know how I remember; I only woke up today."  I explained. "How do you even know Kay? She told me she doesn't have any friends."

"My dad used to work here as a black smith. Me and Abigail... Kay have known each other our whole lives, we used to be best friends. My dad was fired so we left and Satella, for some reason, told Abigail I was dead. I'm sorry why are you calling her Kay?"

"It's the fake identity she created; I don't know why she has one."

"She probably created one so the queen couldn't find her. What do we do? How do we wake her? How do we stop the queen?" Peter fires questions at me.

"I haven't got a single clue. I don't even know why I should bother trying to wake Kay after what she did to me and Layla." I reply, giving up because honestly I have no idea what to do.

"What do you mean?"

"Don't worry about it."

"No tell me. We need to figure something out."

"You can because I have no ideas. I'm going to go to bed I'm exhausted. It was nice meeting you Peter," I say as I quickly walk off before he can keep trying to talk to me.

It's weird meeting someone from Kay's past, especially a friend. He seems nice. It's weird that he remembers, I wonder if there's anyone else who remembers. He's right we do need to figure something out to stop the queen but what can two of us do? We're just teenagers. I head to my bedroom to get ready for bed.