Chapter Twelve

I was sleeping soundly in my bed when my door suddenly bursts open and incomes a crazy lady screaming like a lunatic. I scream as it startles me.

"Layla?" I say confused, "how and why are you here?"

"You remember me?" I nod in response. "My dad was summoned as the queen got stabbed. I've been searching all over the castle for you."

"How did you know I was here?"

"I saw you earlier. Why are you here?"

"My brothers are knights are called up for duty and they look after me so I had to come with them. Kay's here to, she seems to work here."

"Does she remember us?" Layla asks, hopeful.

"No. How long have you been awake?"

Suddenly, Peter bursts in waving a sword about. "What's going on? I heard screaming. Is everyone okay?" He shouts.

"We're fine, I was just jumped but good to know you'd come to our rescue." I laugh. "Layla this is Peter an old friend of Kay's. Well Abigail's I guess. Peter this is Layla."

"Pleasure to meet you." Peter says.

"And you."

"Peter actually remembers everything before the queen somehow changed everything and wiped our memories." I reveal.

"How?" Layla asks.

"No idea but I work with a small group of rebels who are trying to stop the queen." Peter replies.

"We all want to stop the queen but we can't until we wake Kay. I can't believe I'm going to say this and I'm so glad she can't hear but we need her. She's smart, talented, a good fighter and quite powerful." I say.

"How do we wake her?" Peter asks.

"We could try talking to her and waking her that way," Layla says.

"Doesn't hurt to try" I state.

The three of us arrive at Kay's room and sneak in. Her room is so bare. "What are you doing in here?" Kay shouts, scared.

"It's okay. You can trust us we're friends." I say, calmly.

"I'm sorry but I know only one of you and that's Peter. Now please leave my room."

"You can trust them." Peter reassures.

"Kay please listen to us. We're friends. Satella has tricked you and wiped your memory of us and everything we did together. We went on a journey together and almost died together. Please Kay remember us. We need your help." I plead.

"My name is not Kay. My name is Abigail and I do not know who you are."

"Please listen to them Abigail, they're telling the truth." Peter replies.

"We can't stop the queen without you. You helped me when I had a panic attack. You helped us so much. Please wake up. Try to remember. Those memories are in there somewhere. We're in there somewhere." It's Layla begging this time.

"As I have already said I don't know who you are now please leave before I call for help." Kay states.

"Okay we'll leave." Peter says as he pulls us out of the room. I don't want to go but if we don't she'll call the knights and we'll get caught. Now what? We can't just leave her.

We close the door behind us and found the last person we expected to see stood there. Jenson is stood there towering over us with his arms crossed and says, "she doesn't want to wake up."