Chapter Fourteen

"She doesn't want to wake up." I say.

"What are you doing here Jenson?" Ava says, confused.

"I want to help and as matter of fact I think I have a way to wake her up." I state.

"Why would you want to help?" A boy, who I think is the black smiths son called Peter, asks.

"I want to get back at the queen. She killed the man I love right in front of me for no good reason and I want revenge." I explain.

"You're on about Alexander, the kings right hand man, aren't you?" Ava asks.

"I am. Admittedly, I was originally just using him to get information but I fell for him and I think my mum knew that."

"Your own mother killed the man you love and for what? It's horrible." Layla says.

"She's a monster. It's what she does."

"I don't trust you." Ava states.

"I figured you wouldn't but I will do whatever I can to earn your trust. I want the queen gone as much as you do. I don't care she's my mother not after what she's done." They huddle up and start whispering. I doubt they'll fully trust me but if they want to wake Abigail or Kay, whatever she goes by, they're going to have to. I need just the smallest amount of trust from them.

"Fine. We'll listen but doesn't mean we trust you and I'll be keeping a very close eye on you." Ava says. My plan is going perfectly.

"Fine by me." I reply.

"So how do we wake Kay?" Peter asks.

"When did each of you wake up?" I ask.

"I woke when I saw Satella stab Alexander." Ava says.

"And I woke when I went into the dungeons," Layla informs."

"Did these remind you of traumatic events" I ask.

"They did... so you're saying being reminded of a traumatic event is what woke us?" Ava asks, "so if we get Kay to remember something traumatic it will wake her?"

"What's traumatic for Kay?" I ask.

"No idea."