Chapter Twenty-One

We've been walking for half an hour now. The others keep asking me where we're going but I'm not telling them. It's fun to leave it as a surprise. We finally reach the entrance. Ava starts to push the large, metal door open. This place doesn't need to lock its doors. Ava steps in and immediately gets jumped by a guy and pushed up against the wall then has a knife held to her throat. The guy is a lot taller than her; I'd say a bit taller than Layla as well. He has brown hair matching his brown eyes. He has pale skin and a face that makes him look younger than his actual age of twenty. "You better watch yourself Tommy or I'll put your a-hole on fire." I laugh as I grab a hand full of his hair and yank his head back.

The boy moved his knife away from Ava's throat and raised his arms, "you know I hate being called Tommy, Kay."

"You know this douche?" Ava asks.

"This is Tom Hollis. Tom this is Ava, Peter, Jenson, Evelyne and Layla." Layla and Tom lock eyes. Tom is a good guy, very flirty and can sometimes be a cocky douche but will always have your back.

I've brought the group to an underground base that was made as a safe place for criminals to call home. The base stretches out underneath the majority of the city and consists of two floors. There's a large main room which is where we're currently stood. There's a lot of entrances, this is the main one. I stay here every so often.

"Tom is an old friend I guess."

"I guess?" Tom says, insulted. "You know someone for years and work with them and care for them and all you get is an I guess. You break my heart Kay. As do you princess," Tom bows, kisses her hand then puts on the biggest smirk.

I roll my eyes, "stop flirting your moron."

"Wait you remember who she is?" Jenson asks.

"Yes, us here remember everything and I know who you are and I'm hoping Kay brought you here so we can chop off your head." Tom says.

"He's with us and what do you mean us?" Ava asks.

"Oh yeah, completely forgot. Guys it's safe." Tom shouts and as he does loads of people come flooding out of a range of hiding places.

A girl with a pixie cut teleports in front of us, "welcome back Kay."

"This is Mashie, she runs the establishment here." I say. Mashie has been in charge of this place for the past decade since she was eighteen. She married the original leader, mainly for his power, and then killed him to gain it all. She claims she didn't kill him but we all know she did. She's a feisty girl and not someone to mess with, even if she is only four foot eleven. She protects her people more than any leader ever would. "How come you all remember?" Jenson asks.

"Well not all of us do thanks to your mother. However, the majority of us were underground when the spell was cast and the spell only affected the people above ground as the queen was focusing on the people within the kingdom. Got to be very specific when casting spells, they can be tricky." Mashie explained. "May I ask how you lot remember?"

"Peter wasn't in the kingdom at the time and the three of us were woken. Now the queen wants us dead." I reply.

"Well, we could turn you lot in, there is a hefty reward." The others look at her scared. "I'm only joking. A friend of Kay's is a friend of mine. You're all welcome here for as long as you need. You're safe. I promise. It's good to see you again Kay. You have a lot to catch me up on."