Chapter Fifteen

"Please stop!" I shout but I don't know why I'm shouting or what at. I look around and everything is white for as far as the eye can see. I turn around and see someone, with a blurry face, get stabbed from behind. "No!" I scream. I can't even tell if it's a girl or a boy. Do I know them?

I suddenly get woken to the sound of a girl screaming and the sound of pummelling against my door. My door is locked so they can't get in. I always keep my door locked to stop the knights coming in to play their games. The screaming and banging is getting louder and more aggressive. What do I do? I can't call the guards; they won't hear me. Do I go out and help? What if they attack me? I should just stay in here where it's safe. That's the best thing to do. I should stay in my room. So why am I slowly walking towards the door? I have a weird feeling in my stomach that I need to go out there. "Why go out there? It's stupid. I'm safe in here." I think as I place my hand on the doorknob and unlock the door. What am I doing? Why can't I stop? It's like I've lost I've control of my body. I open the door as I use all of my strength to try to stop myself but I'm losing the battle. What is wrong with me?

I step into the hallway and find a girl with long brown and blue-grey eyes being attacked by a knight. I once again lose full control of my body and without thinking I blast the knight off the girl using my pulse. The guy goes flying and smashes against the wall.

I look at my hands confused and then look up at the girl. Another girl with short hair comes rushing around the corner, "Kay?"

I look at her and reply, "always so annoying Rhodes."