Chapter 10

The entire drive home, you can feel your body turning against you for leaving before getting what it wants. Neither Jin nor you had been satisfied and at least on your part, you have not been this frustrated before. You flip back and forth between commending yourself for having the mental fortitude to not yield to Jin's decadent demands and scolding yourself for leaving before he could fuck you six ways to Sunday, twice.

The one thing both sides of you agree on is that he felt divine. Thinking about his hand on your throat, pinning you against the wall, makes the walls of your depth clench and go slick all over again. You think, "What we did tonight was just foreplay, a prelude to the actual thing. If the foreplay was that ridiculously intense, how insane is the actual sex going to feel?" Your heart is still trying to beat out of your chest, and you can't seem to catch your breath fully.

By the time you get back home, you are emotionally exhausted, but physically, buzzing with unspent sexual energy. As soon as you walk in through your door, you kick off your shoes and go upstairs to your bathroom. With all of the bathroom lights on, you remove all your clothes and stand in front of your huge mirror. You didn't realize that Jin had left his mark on your skin. You can see a couple of perfectly circular bruises on your breasts and by the base of your neck and shoulder.  You touch your lips, still being able to feel all the ridges and valleys of his length.

You find yourself feeling dizzy again and have to hold on to the counter to keep yourself from falling over. You turn on the shower, allowing the steam from it to fill the bathroom. You can see in the bathroom mirror that the steam from the hot water seems to snake around you, wrapping you up, like his arms did. Your nipples harden instantaneously at the thought of him wrapping you up in his arms. You think, "He is going to swallow me whole and I just won't exist anymore."

What you are experiencing with Jin has been full of dichotomies. You wanted and didn't, you were scared and felt safe, things felt so familiar but then it was so completely foreign and strange, you wanted to be devoured but be left utterly intact. You shake your head and get in the shower.

The feel of the hot water on your sizzling skin is electric, like you were generating electricity internally and when the discharges came in contact with the water, it was creating small sparks all over your skin. You wonder if water had always felt like this against your skin. You tell yourself, "Okay. I need to pull myself together and keep my eyes on the ball here. I have that mystery meeting with the partners tomorrow afternoon and I can't be off my game, not even a little bit."

Out of the four current partners, the one that you know the best and have worked with the most is Jordan Reed. He is the principal partner, and you respect him. He was the one who saw talent in you early on and watched you while in law school and offered you your job even before you graduated, given that you passed the bar on your first try.

You were always drawn to media law, but he is the one who has been encouraging you to get more into the intellectual property part of things as well. The law firm of Reed, Jackson, Park, and Alvarez has about forty-five attorneys specializing in almost all of the available law specialties. But you are the only one to specialize in media/entertainment. You have been working your tail off in the past 3 years to try and make partner in record time. You know that Jordan has been grooming you from day one and one of the reasons why he wants you to go into intellectual property law is to make you more valuable to the firm. Jordan is intelligent, honest, kind, and you value his opinion.

Once out of the shower, you feel less wired and are more ready for bed then before. You go through your PM/bedtime ritual and hit the sack. When you grab your phone to set your alarm for tomorrow, you see a text message from Jin. Seeing the notification for a fucking text message from him, makes your heart do a little dance. You think, "Oh, hell. I'm in some deep shit."