Chapter 12

Jin spends the night with you. The two of you stay up all night, which is filled with talking, laughing, more sex and reminiscing. You share with him how you spent the better part of the last decade after leaving school, about having to make certain personal sacrifices, so that your brothers were able to be taken care of.

You tell him, "I am so proud of all three of them. They are all educated and able to support themselves financially. I really don't have much to complain about. They were so good. And Peter. That's the oldest one out of the three."

Jin says, "Oh, yes. I remember Peter."

You laugh and say, "He was my right hand and took care of those boys while I was in college the first two years. He is a big wig over at J.P. Morgan/Chase now. But baby brother, Tanner, is also there. He is a little wig still. And then there is Warren. My stoic boy. Smartest person I have ever met. He practically raised Tanner when shit hit the fan at home. God.... Thinking back like this, I'm not entirely sure how I did it all. After I left school, I worked full time, took care of the house, bills, and until Tanner was done with college, both Peter and Warren moved back home here to live with me. They told me that it was to save money on rent, but I think they just didn't want their old lady sister to be here by herself. They are such good boys. Maybe you'll meet them someday."

Jin replies, "They sound like good people. Seems like all the sacrifices you made was worth it."

You smile and say, "I'd like to think so. They are so close to each other, and they all live only fifteen to twenty minutes away from here. I'm like the center point. I make a big dinner and we get together here every third Saturday of the month. The next one is coming up soon and they are hell bent on taking me out to celebrate me making partner."

Jin asks, "So, when will the partner interviews start?"

You reply, "I think sometime next week or so. I have to meet with each of them individually. Jordan is the one that I know the best, but the other three, I really haven't had the chance to work with much. I'll be the only woman to make partner. I'm not sure what the decisional dynamics is but I think it'll be a learning curve.

Jin offers, "I can put in a good word for you with my friend. Would that help?"

You say, "I don't think you need to. I think I'm in for sure. I appreciate the thought, but this is something I want to do on my own. I don't want any help from anyone. I want this to be completely on my own merit."

Then Jin asks, "So, can we talk about us now?"

You ask, "What about us?"

"How would you like to proceed?"

You reply, "I'm not sure what you are asking me. Do you have an idea as to how you would like to proceed?"

He smirks and says, "I would like to proceed with the understanding that you are mine, that you belong to me, that you belong with me. I don't want anyone else to see you like this." He gestures his hands, pointing out your utter nakedness. "I want to be the only man you see. If I had my way, other men wouldn't even know you existed. But I cannot seem to be able to make that work. You seem to be on a lot of men's radars."

You turn to him and say, "Pardon? What radar? Whose radar?"

He looks at you and says, "Don't get too excited, those days are about to come to an end."

You chuckle and say, "I didn't mean it that way, Dumpy. Geez.... I just meant who are these 'a lot of men' you are talking about? Only men that I have regular contact with are my brothers and the men I work with. Oh, and clients. Oh, do you mean the Roberts? I think that is so funny."