Chapter 29

Jin locates the people that are coordinating the Raindance film festival and asks them to speak with the security team. Jin is introduced to the head of a private security firm that is working the festival.

David from Raindance film festival introduces Jin to head of event security. "Jin, this is Ronaldo Gutierrez. He is in charge in terms of this event's security."

Jin reaches out his hand for a shake and says, "Mr. Gutierrez, I am in need of some assistance, but it has nothing to do with the festival. I am sure you have heard about the Tube bombings earlier today."

Ronaldo replies, "Yes. We have all been getting updates and heightened security here just in case."

Jin continues, "I found out just recently that someone who is very important to me may have been on the Underground platform at the site where the second and the third bombs went off, and that she most likely was there near or around the time that those two explosions took place. She has been living here alone, away from her family, loved ones, and me for the past six months, on an assignment from her firm. And I was just informed that no one has been able to get in contact with her since 8:30 AM this morning. Someone in the London office tried contacting the police but has not been able to get through on account that they are probably all involved in securing the scene of the attacks. We've done everything that we can possibly think of to do from across the Atlantic and they've asked me to see if I can do anything to help."

The men around Jin can see the distress on Jin's face. "I, unfortunately, have no contact in the police department here in London and I was wondering if anyone on your team would know anyone that they or I can contact to get some more information. I know that the search and rescue teams have already been getting people out. Any kind of help, even if it is to point me in the direction that I can go down would be greatly appreciate it. I understand that this is not why you are here, but I am beyond desperate at this point.

"This woman...this woman means everything to me and the thought of her being buried under the rubble, in the dark, underground...." Ronaldo and David can hear the hitch in Jin's voice and know that he is trying to fight the tears from spilling over. Jin continues, "Please, I need to do something to find her. Please."

Ronaldo says, "Mr. Kim, I am very sorry that this is happening to your loved one. I used to be a metropolitan police before I left the police to work in the private sector. I still have plenty of connections within the police force. Now, in emergency situations like this, it will be all hands-on deck and other agencies would also be involved in coordinating the management of all this. Mr. Kim, I would be more than happy to help. If you would be so kind to fill me in on what it is that you know so far, I would have a better idea as to where we need to go from here to find this woman."

Jin replies, "Mr. Gutierrez, thank you and I would appreciate any help that you can give. Thank you so much ."

Ronaldo says, "There is no need and please call me Ron."

"Thank you Ron and please call me Jin."

"So, Jin. Please tell me what you know about her."

Jin methodically tells Ron what he knows of the situation. He leaves out nothing, lest that one piece of information be the thing that would make or break the finding of the love of his life. When Jin has shared every single morsel of information that he has gathered, Ron tells him, "That's quite a lot of information to go on, believe it or not. I am going to reach out to some people now and see what I can find out for you. In the meantime, what I would suggest that you do is to call the emergency management services and give them your woman's demographic information, physical description and may be a recent picture of her for identification sake. You have no idea how difficult it is to identify victims in disasters like this and having that information will make things a lot easier for everyone involved."