Chapter 14

Kiara's POV

An hour later

I woke up and realized that I fell asleep in my car. I saw a tear fall from my eye as I got out, and walked inside to get my stuff. I saw Ashlyn sitting in her room. I didn't even notice her car beside mine. She just looked at me, and I felt awkward.

Kiara: I'll be out in 5 minutes.

Ashlyn: would you like to talk?

I looked at her shocked at what I just heard. She just laid there waiting for an answer, so I sat down.

Kiara: what would you like to talk about?

Ashlyn: well we can start at why you said what you said.

Kiara: I didn't mean it!

Ashlyn: I didn't ask that; I asked why you said it.

Kiara: well...

Ashlyn: okay can't answer that one. Then answer this. What are you hiding from me?

Kiara: I can't tell you.

Ashlyn: why? Is it you only dating me because you felt bad for me? Or is it that you have another girlfriend? Or even the smallest thing like you don't like me?

Kiara: no its none of those things!

Ashlyn: well then spit it out! Tell me what is so bad that you are hiding it, and you had to break up with me!

Kiara: Im a heroin addict okay!

Ashlyn's POV

My heart dropped when I heard Kiara say that. I felt terrible now. She sat there silent and started to cry. I tried to rest my hand on her shoulder, but she jerked away. I knelt in front of her, and moved the hair out her face. She looked away from me and just cried more. I put my head down in disappointment.

Kiara: I never went to see my brother.

Ashlyn: huh?

Kiara: I...didn't go see my brother. In fact he lives 100 miles from here.

Ashlyn: where did you go then?

Kiara: I went to my therapist.

Ashlyn: oh okay.

Kiara: Ash I'm sorry. I should have told you about this when you asked me out. I was just scared that you would have taken it back and made me leave. I if you want me gone I get it, but please don't hurt me by staying because you feel bad for me. That will only make it worse, so tell me now. Do you still want to be with me?

Ashlyn: I wish you would have told when I first started talking to you. It hurts that you hid it from me. I am not sure that I can stay with you. I need to think.

I was so upset that Kiara hid something like this from me. I love her, but I don't want to get hurt again. What if she's hiding other things; then I'm really screwed. I looked at Kiara again, and saw a little blood coming from her head.

Ashlyn: um...your head...is bleeding.

Kiara: what?

She went and looked in the mirror. When she saw the blood she screamed and almost fainted.

Kiara: I need to get to the emergency room!

I grabbed my car keys, and quickly made my way to the car. Kiara was freaking out. She was breathing heavy, she said she couldn't see, and she was squeezing my hand really hard.

-an hour later-

Kiara was sleeping, and I was still holding her hand. She looked so peaceful I took out my phone and quickly snapped a picture of her. I saw that it was 11:30, so I decided to call my dad and tell him I'd be late.

Dad: what up super trooper?

Ashlyn: haha nothing dad. I just wanted to tell you that I'm going to be coming home a little late.

Dad: hmm and why is that?

Ashlyn: I had to take Kiara to the E.R.

Dad: is she okay?

Ashlyn: yeah she had to get stitches in her head tho.

Dad: well take your time getting home babygirl. I'll see you when you get home.

Ashlyn: okay daddy.

I hung up the phone and looked at Kiara again. She smiled and clinched her hand. I let her hand go, and stood up. When I leaned up she got startled and woke up.

Kiara: you scared the shit out of me!

Ashlyn: that's what im good for right?

I laughed and handed her some clothes.

Kiara: I don't want to wear these.

Ashlyn: what? Why?

Kiara: I want to wear your pants and shirt.

Ashlyn: what! Why!

Kiara: because that look comfy, and I'm injured.

Ashlyn: ugh. Fine.

I went to change into what kiara was supposed to wear. I felt so awkward. I had on a blue bralet, black leggings, and brown sandals. I haven't worn this outfit in forever.

Kiara was changed into my white "dead Starbucks girl" crop top, black jogger pants, and black classic Vans. She frowned at me, and walked to the door. As she proceeded out the doorway I grabbed her stuff, and ran next to her.
Kiara got checked out, so we made our way home.