PROLOGUE

—— THE FIRE BETRAYAL

☀︎☀︎☀︎

Alaenys Velaryon was born 9 months after the wedding between Princess Rhaenyra Targaryen, heir to the Iron Throne, and ser Laenor Velaryon, heir to Driftmark.

Alaenys was the only one born between Rhaenyra and Laenor to have the Valyrian silver hair and purple eyes, but many believed she had been Prince Daemon Targaryen's true born daughter with Princess Rhaenyra.

She was born in King's Landing, with a long feast in celebration, as she was declared Rhaenyra's heir, in spite of Alaenys also being born a girl, Rhaenyra stayed with the believe that the first born child should inherit the throne.

Alaenys was born soon after her, technically, uncle, Aegon Targaryen, whom was named the secret Heir, at least in the eyes of the Hightowers and some Lords of the Realm. But in the eyes of Viserys I, the Heir was Rhaenyra and after her Alaenys, who would take the name Targaryen once she ascends the Iron Throne.

Because she was the only Velaryon born to Rhaenyra and Laenor with silver hair, many called her the Realm's sun, with her beautiful silver Valyrian hair, and bright smile, she fit her name perfectly.

☀︎☀︎☀︎

slight AU for house of the dragon, and some age chances