CHAPTER ONE

THE FIRE BETRAYAL

⎯ THE FIRE BETRAYAL

CHAPTER ONE: Naela

☀︎☀︎☀︎

Alaenys Velaryon was a bright young girl, and she noticed things very quickly, even before her younger brothers: Jacaerys and Lucerys. While she had been born with the Valyrian silver hair, her brothers all had dark brown locks on their head. Alaenys knew the Queen had also taken notice, but while she had been speaking about it openly, Alaenys' grandsire had dismissed his wife's accusations.

But Alaenys wasn't as blind as her old grandfather, she knew her brothers had not been fully hers, but it didn't matter because in the end, they were all Blood of the Dragon, and Laenor Velaryon had been their father.

Unlike many men of Westors would treat their daughters, King Viserys and Princess Rhaenyra had ordered for Alaenys to be treated the same as her brothers and the two princes: Aegon and Aemond. She would be as much in the Dragonpit as they were, and she had even been better at controlling her own Dragon. Her dragon hatched in her cradle like her brother's eggs did, and as Syrax had when their mother had been younger.

Alaenys flew Naela, a dragon 15 years of age, who had been larger than most, and as white as Seasmoke had been. However, Naela seemed to possess bigger horns on her head and her wings had been a light pinkish colour which seemed to match Sunfyre's, but unlike Sunfyre who seemed to spew golden flames, Naela seemed to only spew blue flames that burned hotter than the other dragons. It had given her great pride.

"Give Vermax his command, prince" the Dragonkeeper said as he looked at Jacaerys, whose Dragon Vermax had been brought forth first. Jacaerys and Lucerys had the youngest Dragons which meant they needed to train them more. Aemond didn't have a Dragon, unlike the others, even Helaena did. She had claimed Dreamfyre as her mount, but as Alaenys had always tried to connect to her, technically, aunt, Queen Alicent never seemed to allow her nearby.

"Vermax, come" Jacaerys said and Vermax walked closer, which made Alaenys clap for her brother who smiled proudly at his sister. "Very well, my Prince" the Dragonkeeper said. "How about we try Naela today?" he asked, looking at Alaenys, who immediately smiled at the mention of her dragon. "Can we?" she asked and the Dragonkeeper nodded as they called forth Naela.

Naela had been nearly 3x as large as Vermax, and large enough for Alaenys to ride. Alaenys and Aegon had been the only ones who were able to fly their dragons, Helaena had been seen as too young at the age of 12 by the Dragonkeepers, especially since she had bonded with Dreamfyre, an already grown adult Dragon.

Naela roared at the sight of the people. "Naela, come" Alaenys said, and Naela came to her, softly hitting her head against Alaenys torso. "We want to try see how fast Naela and Sunfyre are" the Dragonkeeper said. Aegon smiled arrogantly, which made Alaenys role her eyes. Aegon was cocky, and always wanted the last word in. He had been too swaddled by his mother, to Alaenys opinion anyways. "Let's see who is faster" Aegon said, putting his hands being his back as he smirked at Alaenys.