CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE

THE FIRE BETRAYAL

CHAPTER THIRTY THREE

♤♢♧

Aemond had flown around Westeros, trying to find his children while Alaenys went into an arrangement with Qoren Martell. He had sided with Aegon simply because of empty promises made by Otto Hightower, when Alaenys informed him, Otto was very much dead and not in any position anymore to make promises, and neither did Aegon, Qoren started to think.

Perhaps she had been right, the Martells often prided themselves in the way they saw the world as a equal place, for men and women. Qoren himself had two daughters and a son; his daughter was older than his son meaning they'd be the first in line. Perhaps dancing with Dragons, with the Golden/Green dragon was not something Dorne was supposed to do, and Qoren would admit his fault to Alaenys.

"I will let you remain Prince of Dorne, and your daughter shall be the Princess of Dorne after, but there needs to be a punishment for going against me" Alaenys said when she looked at Qoren, sipping the sweet Dornish wine he offered her. "Name your price" Qoren said looking at the Queen of the Seven Kingdoms, the true Queen and ruler. "I want your son, Qyle, to become my husband's ward for a while" Alaenys said, and Qoren looked at his youngest child, the boy was 9 years of age, younger than Jacaerys and Lucerys were. "For how long?" Qoren asked, wondering if he would ever see his son again. "Until he becomes a man grown, we will treat him with respect for his station, as a Prince of House Martell, and we shall teach him alongside our Princes and Princesses" Alaenys offered and Qoren nodded, agreeing with the proposal.

Qoren had asked for a final moment with his son, as servants gathered the boys belongings. Alaenys had stood with her good-brother, Daeron, who had remained by the side of his Queen. "You handle that very well, Your Grace" Daeron complimented her, and she gave him a warm smile. "I am not here to punish sons for their fathers' sins. Prince Qoren choice the right path, and this was a way for him to fairly repay the crown for his treason, wouldn't you say?" Alaenys asked and he nodded, Daeron could tell her politics were taught to her by Rhaenyra, and not Daemon.

For all he knew Daemon was currently burning everything to the ground, and he would be right. After news of the missing Prince and Princesses, Aemond had left Dorne when he knew his wife had it handled, while he and Daemon circled around trying to find them. Daemon's children had been safe with Helaena, while they had only received the body of ser Qarl, which had deeply saddened ser Laenor—now ser Addam—who had been slight upset his return to Westeros already cost him his mother and lover.

But neither Aemond nor Daemon cared for that right now, they needed to find young Aenar, Jaehaera. and Viserra. They flew over the Gullet, where many Lannister, and other ships waving the Golden Dragon of Aegon's usurping side. Vhagar roared loudly, followed by Caraxes, Daemon looked around, trying to find out if they were on one of these ships. Daemon saw a ship, flying the flag of the Triarchy and he pointed at that ship. Aemond looked down and agreed, it'd be that one because Aegon nor his mother would be smart enough to hide them anywhere else.