Desire 5: Tanjiro Kamado ☁️

Anime/Fandom: Demon Slayer

Genre: Fluff

Scenario: After Rengoku's death, Tanjiro and the group are left in the Butterfly Estate to heal. With you being the Demon Slayer's lover, it was only normal for you to comfort him whenever he was down, even through your own pain.

A/n: As short as my attention span.

《》《》《》《》《》《》《》《》

Its been a few days since the death of The Flame Hashira, and Tanjiro wasn't emotionally or physically doing the best.

To be honest, (M/n) had a hard time comforting his lover when the situation was considered minor. Now, he doesn't know what to do.

He wasn't the best at showing emotion or giving affection, but Tanjiro somehow loved him either way.

The black haired Demon Slayer laid on his side, not even facing the (h/c) haired male.

(M/n) looked over to the window, and saw the food he gave Tanjiro hours ago; untouched.

"Tanjiro...I need you to eat. You've been laying on your side almost the entire day." (M/n)'s voice was calm and sounded like a melody that soothes anyone around.

"Thank you, but I'm not hungry."

"Are you sure? I haven't seen you eat anything..." Even if his voice sounded the same, Tanjiro could tell his tone saddened.

The male cursed himself for saddening his (h/c) haired lover.
He turned on his back, and faced his cold-eyed boyfriend.

"Sorry, I annoyed you...." The male asked, fiddling with his fingers.

"No, it's just me. I couldn't do much to that upper rank, I could barely even see their movements. I felt like...a nuisance." He said, analyzing his scared hand.

"You handled lower ranked one, that's an amazing feat. You...did your best, like you always do. In reality, that's all we can do about anything." The male muttered.

"But, I wish I could've..." Tanjiro frowned, sitting up.

(M/n) wrapped his hands around Tanjiro and hugged him close.

"I saw you and Nezuko do this. It must mean a lot, right? Or is this something only siblings do?"

Tanjiro went silent as he slowly hugged the male back.

"Thank you...thank you.."Tanjiro muttered as he teared up.

(M/n) panicked.

He didn't know his hugs were that bad.

'Should I let him go?! Should I apologize?!'

Thought covered the male's thoughts, but that ended when Tanjiro smiled.

"Thank you for being here, (M/n). I don't know what I'll do without you."

The other's stone face stayed the same, but Tanjiro could tell that it means a lot to the other.

"There's no need to thank me. I'm doing what I'm supposed to, after all."

'Wait, wasn't (M/n) with us on the mission with Rengoku? Wasn't he injured the most out of us all?'

Observing (M/n)'s bandaged body, Tanjiro was entirely correct.

(M/n) suffered a broken arm, broken leg, three broken ribs, and a head injury.

He didn't even noticed the healing injuries. He held (M/n)'s body so tight. It probably hurted him a lot.

"Tanjiro, you have a guilty look in your eye. Should I be worried?"

"When I hugged you back, did it hurt your injuries?" The male asked.

"Yes." (M/n) swiftly answered back.

"The pain was unbearable, but I was able to pull through."

"Sorry." Tanjiro apologized, head hanging low.

"I'm the one who initiated the hug in the first place. I dealt with pain, as long as the hug made you feel better."

Tanjiro planted a small smile on his face. His lover really cared.

"How're your wounds."

"Shinobu said that I'll be good to go in a few days. How about you?"

"Apparently, it'll take months for my recovery." The (e/c) eyed male grimaced.

"Well, when I start back on missions, I'll make sure to check on you before I go!" Tanjiro kindly smiled at (M/n).

"That would be appreciated." The demon slayer mumbled.

Tanjiro softly touched (M/n)'s face; (M/n) leaning into the touch.

Tanjiro leaned in and kissed the (h/c) haired male softly on the lips.

Tanjiro was the first to pull away to observe his lover's face.

It still had it cold expression, but it had a hint of shock, and a lot of blush.

The burgundy tipped Demon Slayer lightly chuckled, "You're so cute." The slayer whispered.

"Sh-shut up." The male whispered, flustered.