Saturday Night At The Pearl, Episode 12 A

"Adore you", Harry Styles

Time passed, and life went on. That is what is supposed to happen, right? In a way, it did. But something in me was broken.

I do not think that I understood it completely at first. I woke up in the morning feeling that I had disturbing dreams but I could not remember what they were. I just felt exhausted and scared.

I was thinking about Ethan all the time. But everyone was there for me, and their love helped me very much. I smiled. I worked at the club. It was not as before, but for an uninformed eye, it could seem it was. I tried my best, for them. I almost convinced myself that I could do this.

But on one Saturday Night, some things happened, and the cracks in my life appeared more clearly to me.

It was James who was in charge of the Saturday Night Challenge. His style was quite different than mine, as expected. It was obvious that part of the game now was to choose a song he would accept and to push him as far as they could.

"He made me an incredible playlist for me to catch up on the music of the last few years, you know," I told Amaury.

"I'm sure he made quite interesting choices."

"He did." I smiled. "This way I may be able to take a few Saturday Night Challenges. Not that I want to take it back. It is working very well without me."

"Yeah, but even if you don't want to be in charge anymore, at least know that he's dying for a few duos with you, like old times."

"That I can do." I smiled. "I'm really glad for both of you. It seems to work you two."

"Yes. I think we complete each other. It was quite explosive at first, but he has this strange capacity to talk to me and say exactly the right words when I need them. He challenges me, an awful lot, but I feel safe with him. And I have to say that Aidan also helped me to... have some context about him, you know?"

Speaking of the devil, James showed up on stage with the jar for the Saturday Night Challenge. He chose one piece of paper and nodded with some pretend gravitas. "Okay. Why not? I can do this one."

Apparently, him agreeing with the first choice was very rare, so the crowd cheered in awe.

He sang "Adore You" by Harry Styles. It has always made me happy to see him do his show. But it was a whole new scale now. He had backup singers. He wore that glittered velvet black suit and some make-up and was working the crowd with so much ease. He could do any cheesy rock star move, like pointing at someone in the crowd, and it would miraculously work. It was quite a show, and it put a smile on my face.

I stood up, took Amaury's hand, and led him near the stage. We cheered and danced in the audience, trying to enjoy the moment.

Then I felt a hand on my arm. It was Anna. "Boss, could you come? We have a problem."

"