Pregananant

Klaus dragged me through the door of the Mikaelson mansion, despite my struggle every step of the way.

Hiding from him hadn't been my best idea.

I wasn't Kathrine.

"Oh look. Our sister in-law has returned to us." Elijah stepped out of his office, arms crossed. "And in time for our move to New Orleans."

Move?

Kol appeared, a halfway hopeful expression on his face.

"Not my choice."

"Yes, the little mouse was quite vocal about it on the way here." Klaus walked me to the living room where I was forcefully seated on one of the couches.

"We shouldn't force her to do anything." Finn had clearly been writing something in what I could only assume was a journal. "Especially after what happened."

Grief and anger fought in my chest.

How was I supposed to be here and act like my only remaining family members weren't burned alive.

Deep breaths. Couldn't spoil it now.

"She's immortal. They would've died at some point, I just sped up the process."

I got up. "They could've lived long, happy lives, but since you couldn't control everyone, my siblings paid the price."

"Watch your tongue." Klaus glowered. "I might not be able to kill you, but you have a very short list of loved ones left and if you aren't careful sweetheart, I'll slaughter them." My stomach twisted.

"Easy." Elijah held up a hand and Kol stopped in his tracks.

"No." I pointed at my supposed soulmate. "You don't get to defend me." Then Klaus. "And you, I don't care if it takes the rest of my immortality. I'll find your enemies and stop at nothing to make your life a living hell. You killed my aunt. My sister. My twin. I'll never forgive that. And I'll never forgive the rest of you for not helping me."

If Damon's plan went well, we would have the monster that might even be able to kill Klaus. All I had to do was keep their attention anywhere else.

It was a part to play.

One I would take great pleasure in.

"What's going on?" It was that voice, it sent a thrill of terror down my spine.

The very same that'd been in my nightmares for months.

"Ah. The newest addition to our little family. Drew, this is Hayley."

I didn't want to turn around.

"Drew." Hayley said it like she was testing the word out. "Tyler mentioned a Drew before. You're the one who's house burned down, right?"

Seems I wasn't the only one acting.

"She's been helping Tyler with his transformations." Klaus waved it off and the pieces started to click into place.

Mason's buddy. The one Jeremy had mentioned so long ago.

She'd been here the whole time.

Fear crawled under my skin. "Why is she here?" I was actually kind of proud that I didn't stutter.

"Nature seems to have given Niklaus a loophole." Finn closed his journal with a sigh. "He can reproduce."

"But I thought-"

"So did I." Hayley set a hand on her stomach.

She was pregnant.

With Klaus' baby.