I.

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄
༊*·˚☆: *.☽

i. act i !

— 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐊𝐒, 𝐖𝐀𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐓𝐎𝐍 𝐖𝐀𝐒 a small town

— 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐊𝐒, 𝐖𝐀𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐓𝐎𝐍 𝐖𝐀𝐒 a small town. With the population count rarely ever-changing, the arrival of the Cullen family spread like wildfire.

It was the biggest news of the year for such a monotonous place, and the student body of Forks High was immediately taken with the beauty of the mysterious family.

It was a lethal dose of reality mixed with disappointment when the teens came to the quick realization that the Cullens did not interact with anyone else except for each other. The family stuck to themselves, only adding to the mysterious air forever surrounding them.

A week into the Cullen's arrival, and everyone had given up on befriending them. Instead, they found ways to isolate the family even more, and the next thing Angela Weber knew — all Lauren and Jessica could talk about was how weird they found it that they were all siblings and dating each other.

Never mind the fact that Angela constantly reminded them that they were all adopted. Her friends always seemed to disregard her points, preferring to roll their eyes and switch topics whenever she defended them.

It stung a little, but she knew they meant well.

It was on one of those days that the two girls were gossiping when Angela got up to go and throw away her and her friends' trash, as they had all finished eating.

Her mind had been occupied with her plans for the weekend — which consisted of watching her brothers and attending Church on Sunday — and just as she had moved to wait behind the person dumping his plate, he turned around and almost ran directly into her.

In a successful attempt at keeping the trash from falling onto the floor, Angela lost her footing a little, and almost went sprawling atop the floor herself.

But just as she braced herself to hit the hard floor, she felt a cold hand grip her wrist gently — but with enough strength to stabilize her. "I'm so so-" She cut herself off when she locked eyes with the one and only Edward Cullen.

At his silence and intense stare, she blushed slightly from embarrassment. "I didn't get anything on you, did I?" She broke the eye contact first, looking over his person to assess any possible damage done in the wake of her clumsiness.

Edward's grip on her wrist suddenly left, as he cleared his throat lightly. "No, I'm okay. Thank you for asking."

"Sorry, again." She smiled sheepishly, before moving to continue throwing away the trash.

By the time she had turned around, he was gone.

— 𝐁𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄 Angela reached the last period of the day — English, the pounding in her head was a constant irritant that was clearly not going away.

As she set her bag down next to her desk, she contemplated taking two more tablets of Tylenol, but ultimately refused. She'd already taken the recommended amount of two during the passing period, but it wasn't working.

She took a deep breath and rubbed at her temples in hopes of relieving some of the pain, and ignored the sound of Jessica — half the reason for her headache — sitting in the seat beside her.

After her small chat with Edward at lunch, Lauren and Jessica had immediately hounded her for answers.

"What was that all about?"

"What did he say to you?"

"I've never seen him talk to anyone else except for his siblings."

"What did his hand feel like?"

"What did his voice sound like?"

"What did he smell like?"

The questions had gone on and on until lunch had ended, and Angela was now paying for it.

However, the only thing she could think about was how ironic it was that her friends were so quick to change tunes about the Cullens (or at least one specific Cullen) when they realized Edward had actually interacted with her.

She suddenly frowned at her train of thought.

That was an unsavory thought. I'm sorry. She apologized in her head, despite knowing her friends would be none the wiser.

She heard the sound of a soft laugh come from the back corner of the classroom suddenly and turned to see Edward already looking at her, a soft smile of amusement on his face.

She quickly turned to face the front of the class when she realized he now knew she was looking at him and tried to stop the blush from spreading on her cheeks.

Focus. She told herself and began copying what the teacher was writing on the board.

She felt the familiar tingling of someone from the back corner staring at her throughout the entire class but tried not to pay any mind to it. There was simply no way Edward was staring at her. She was sure she was making it up.

But little did she know, she in fact wasn't.