VII.

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍
༊*·˚☆: *.☽

i. act i !

— 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐓 𝐎𝐅 the afternoon was blissful for Angela

While Edward had taken to bonding with her little brothers quite easily, she'd allowed herself to relax and forget about her awful day.

She knew she couldn't ignore it forever, of course. In fact, she did not doubt that Jessica would try and approach her tomorrow — but she couldn't find it within herself to care at the moment.

If and when Jessica did approach her, the tall girl could honestly not say what she would do. But she did know what she wanted to do.

She wanted to forgive Jessica. At the end of the day, the Stanley girl had been her best friend since...well — forever. Yes, she had changed ever since Lauren came to Forks, but Angela wanted to have hope that the Jessica she was friends with — the real Jessica, was still there.

Angela had a soft heart — to no one's surprise. Anyone that knew her knew this fact.

But what most didn't know, was that once hurt too many times — she could be quite unforgiving. And Jessica had definitely hurt her one too many times at this point. But for the fact alone that it was Jessica, Angela wanted to forgive her.

As she looked up from her mug of hot chocolate and locked eyes with Edward, she gave him a small smile.

"Will you...if I asked you to-" She sighed softly, as she tried to find the words she so desperately wanted to speak.

Edward smiled encouragingly, even going as far as reaching over and giving her hand a reassuring squeeze with his own.

Taking a deep breath, Angela tried again.

"I think I want to forgive Jessica. But I'm not sure if I can." The brunette closed her eyes immediately after saying the words. While she felt much lighter speaking her truth, she was afraid of what she would find on Edward's face.

A moment of silence passed, before the bronze-haired boy's soothing voice reached her ears. "Angel, please look at me." He asked softly.

When she finally did — the look on his face was not one of harsh judgment. He simply smiled at her and squeezed her hand once more.

"I promise you, if not me — then at least one of my siblings will always be by your side tomorrow. We will not allow any harm to come to you, Angel. Physical or otherwise. And if talking to Jessica and figuring out your next move is what you feel you need to do...then we support you all the way."

Angela returned the squeeze, as she breathed a sigh of relief. "Thank you." She whispered.

But before he could reply, two things happened at once.

"He is your boyfriend, Gigi! I told you Joshie!" Came Isaac's little voice.

At the same time, the sound of the front door opening reached the four people in the kitchen.

Both Edward and Angela froze, as their panicked eyes locked.

Her parents were home.

— 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐈𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 had settled over the room was an awkward one.

As Isaac and Josh happily played in the living room — oblivious to the tension in the kitchen, Angela slowly took a sip of her hot chocolate.

Her dad seemed to want to be anywhere but in the kitchen, while her mom smiled at Edward.

"I can't say we've met before, but Angela's friends are always welcome here. It's nice to meet you, honey." Mrs. Weber stuck her hand out for Edward to shake.

Beside her, Mr. Weber muttered under his breath — though still loud enough for everyone to hear. "According to Isaac, he's not just a friend."

The man's wife lightly smacked his arm in admonishment, while still smiling. "Honey, play nice."

Edward laughed awkwardly, mirroring the woman's smile, and accepting her hand. "It's nice to meet you, Mrs. Weber. I'm Edward Cullen."

The woman's eyes lit up in recognition, as she pulled her hand away. "Ah, you're one of Carlisle's children. Well, welcome to Forks. And please, call me Iris." The smile never left her face.

Angela looked at Edward and explained. "My mom is a nurse at the hospital. Most likely how she knows your dad."

Edward nodded, before looking to Mr. Weber. "It's nice to meet you as well, sir."

The man grunted in response, but after receiving another smack from his wife — he quickly spoke. "You can call me John, son. But hurt my little Angela here and that'll change real quick."

"Dad!" Angela's cry of mortification rang out in the kitchen at the same time Iris tutted.

"Ignore my husband, dear. He's a bit protective when it comes to our daughter." The woman laughed, before moving to the sink.

"Are you staying for dinner, Edward? You're more than welcome to."

Edward smiled politely, before looking at Angela. "I'd love to, but I believe my family is waiting for me. Perhaps another time."

Iris nodded. "Alright then. I hope to see you soon, dear!"

As Angela walked Edward to the door, she looked at him with a thoughtful frown. "How am I supposed to go to school tomorrow? My car is still in the parking lot."

Edward only smiled. "Don't worry about it, Angel. I'll pick you up tomorrow."

Angela's frown immediately disappeared, and she nodded. "Yes, okay. Tomorrow."

He kissed her forehead gently. "Tomorrow."

Then just as he opened the door, he looked at Angela once more. "Goodnight, Angel."

"Goodnight, Edward." She whispered in return.

By the time she made it back to the kitchen to help set the table, both her mother and father were looking at her expectantly.

She sighed good-naturedly, as she prepared herself to explain the events of the day.

Dinner tonight would be interesting, that was for sure.