IV.

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑
༊*·˚☆: *.☽

i. act i !

— 𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐋𝐀 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐀𝐅𝐑𝐀𝐈𝐃 that things would be awkward between her and her friends after what had gone down the day before, but other than a mean glare from Lauren — everything seemed to be fine

The conversation was a little slow between all of them, but Angela just chalked it up to them still being tired. It was only seven in the morning after all.

Once the bell rang, she looked to Jessica so that they could walk to P.E. together, but she and Lauren had already begun walking off.

So maybe they are mad. She thought to herself.

Sighing, she began to walk to the locker rooms to change. She really hoped they weren't playing basketball today.

— 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐘 𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐃 𝐔𝐏 playing basketball.

As expected, she had been selected first to join a boy named Josh's team. She wasn't surprised.

People seemed to think that because of her height, she was good at basketball. And while she was decent...today really wasn't her day.

Her family was struggling with the bills, and while they tried their best to hide it — Angela wasn't dumb. She knew there was a reason her father always looked so stressed as he looked at his 'paperwork' at the dinner table, and they'd been eating roasted zucchini salads for the past week straight.

She wasn't complaining about it — she was more than thankful to have a roof over her head and food on her plate...but she worried for her family.

Last night, she'd asked her parents to stop paying her for watching Isaac and Joshua, but her father's pride had made him refuse.

That conversation paired with her friends' obvious upset with her didn't put her in the right state of mind for basketball. So to say she wasn't on her game was putting it lightly.

The final nail in the coffin was Tyler's muttered words he'd spoken when he thought she wasn't in earshot.

"Good for nothing giraffe. Can't even play basketball right."

He'd turned around in surprise when he heard her soft gasp. But she didn't allow him to say anything, as she quickly asked the coach to be excused.

He let her go without really paying attention to her — which she was thankful for, as he would have been met with a teary-eyed Angela on the brink of a breakdown if he had.

She made quick work of changing, before making her way to the school library.

The way the school was set up, she had to come out through the front of the school and then walk to the side of the building to enter the library, so she put her P.E. clothes in her car before rushing off. Wiping her tears as she went, thankful the parking lot was empty.