VIII.

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓
༊*·˚☆: *.☽

i. act i !

— 𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐘 came around, Angela was a ball of nerves

Living in a small town meant everybody knew everybody — and word spread lightning quick. Especially gossip.

There was no doubt in the brunette's mind that the teenagers occupying Forks high would find Edward and Angela arriving at school together to be interesting. After all, it wasn't every day that the handsome and only single Cullen drove the nerdy photographer to school.

Angela was dreading the looks already — and she hadn't even stepped foot out of her house.

And as if reading her mind, the sound of her mom announcing Edward's arrival reached her ears.

Looking herself over in the mirror once more, she grabbed her bag and quickly made her way downstairs.

Upon entering the kitchen area, she was greeted with the sight of one Iris Weber trying to convince Edward to eat a pancake.

After telling her parents about her day over dinner, their appreciation for the Cullen boy shot up immensely. Especially with her mom. Iris was no doubt trying to thank Edward by stuffing his face with food.

"Really, I'm alright, Mrs. Weber. I appreciate the offer though." Edward politely declined, but the older woman only shook her head in defiance.

"What did I tell you about calling me Iris, dear? And besides, one pancake won't hurt! You can even take it for the road!" Iris pushed.

Angela quickly made her way to Edward's side. "Just accept it. It'll make her happy, and she won't stop until you do." She whispered.

Without even blinking, Edward nodded. "Okay, Iris. In that case, I'll take two for the road."

Iris nodded triumphantly and promptly handed him two pancakes on a wrapped plate. "Have a good day at school, dears." She kissed both of them on the cheek and turned back to the stove to make more pancakes.

"Bye, mom. Love you!" Angela called, before walking out to the car with Edward.

As soon as they got into the Volvo, Edward handed her the plate. "You didn't grab anything for breakfast. Eat."

Angela blushed but shook her head gently. "Oh, that's okay! I don't usually eat breakfast." She shrugged it off.

Edward simply raised an eyebrow and set her with an expectant look. "Wasn't asking, Angel."

Her blush deepened, as she looked down at the plate. "I- But what about you?"

Edward simply shrugged, as he started the car. "I had breakfast at home."