III.

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄
༊*·˚☆: *.☽

i. act i !

— 𝐀𝐋𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐆𝐇 𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐋𝐀 𝐅𝐄𝐋𝐓 bad thinking it, she really wished her friends weren't the way they were at the moment

"That's three Cullens you've talked to in the past two school days. What the hell, Ang?" Lauren asked snottily.

"They literally do not talk to anyone else except for each other. And now all of a sudden they start becoming all buddy-buddy with you?" Jessica piped in.

The tall Brunette stared at them in slight shock, her lips open in disbelief.

She hadn't even been able to eat her sandwich — had literally just sat down, and Jessica and Lauren had already begun their tirade.

"Come on, guys. Don't be like that." Ben spoke up, and Angela began to smile. At least one of her friends was able to see how ridiculous the girls were being.

"They probably just needed help with a class or something." He continued, and Angela suddenly found herself feeling a huge wave of hurt.

What was so unappealing about her, that even her own friends thought it ridiculous that the Cullens could ever talk to her simply because they wanted to? Why were they even her friends if this is how they saw her? Were they even really her friends?

All these thoughts flickered through her mind, as sadness began to consume her.

Usually, this was the part where her conscience made an excuse for their behavior, but even that was failing her right now.

She looked around at her other friends — Mike, Tyler, and Eric — only to see them nodding in agreement.

Do any of them even like me? She thought to herself.

She finally tuned back in, when she noticed the expectant look on Lauren's face. "Well? What did they talk to you about?"

Angela pursed her lips, as she began rolling her brown bag back up. "My conversations are my business." She told them softly, yet with a sharpness not usually heard from her.

Lauren actually reared back in shock, looking Angela up and down as if the blonde couldn't even recognize her 'friend'.

The table went quiet, as they all looked at Angela in varying degrees of shock.

"Are you...feeling alright, Ang?" Mike asked nervously.

"Yeah, all she did was ask a question, Ang. No need to get so defensive." Jessica snarked.

At that moment, all Angela wanted to do was walk away. She was questioning everything she knew about her friends, and all because she talked to people whom they deemed untouchable. That everyone did.