X.

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐄𝐍
༊*·˚☆: *.☽

i. act ii !

— 𝐍𝐄𝐖𝐒 𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐕𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐃 𝐅𝐀𝐒𝐓 about Isabella Swan returning to Forks

All anyone knew about her was that she was Chief Swan's daughter and that she'd moved from Phoenix, Arizona to rainy little Forks, Washington.

She was the topic of most of the student body's conversations, as they were all hoping she wasn't as closed off as the Cullens had been.

Angela sat down at the lunch table after Edward pulled the chair out for her, and smiled. "Thank you, Edward."

He smiled as he wrapped an arm around her shoulder. "No need to thank me, Angel."

The brunette blushed and looked at the rest of the Cullens. "So, um...have you guys heard that we're getting another new student? Isabella Swan?"

Jasper nodded, his Southern twang coming out a little as he spoke. "Hopefully she'll ease the attention off us, some bit."

The rest of the Cullens nodded and murmured their agreement while Angela smiled sadly. "I'm sorry our classmates are so mean to you guys. You don't deserve it."

"It's not your fault that teenagers are cruel, Angel." Edward smiled softly as he linked their hands together on the table.

The brunette caught Emmett's smirk and blushed. "Stop it." She mouthed to him.

In response, the buff boy only raised his hands in a surrendering gesture.

"We should go shopping this weekend, A. Me, you, and Alice." Rosalie suddenly spoke, a small and hopeful smile on her face.

Angela smiled at the new nickname and the offer, before remembering her family's current struggle with money. Her eyes grew sad, as she replied. "I, um- I have to check with my parents if I'm busy this weekend, I'll let you know tomorrow."

A dash of guilt hit her, as she knew she would lie to Rosalie about being busy so as to avoid going shopping.

Yes, she had saved up money from the lack of spending on gas — but she had been sneaking that money back into her parents' drawer before they got home from work. So far, they hadn't noticed — so she would keep doing it and hope it stayed that way.

They needed the money more than she did anyways.

From where he sat, Edward stared at her intensely, a small frown adorning his sharp face. This would not do.

— 𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐑, 𝐀𝐒 𝐄𝐃𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐃 was driving Angela back to her house, he decided to go for the casual approach.

"Angel, I want you to use my card when you go shopping this weekend with my sisters."

Angela did a double take. "What!? Edward, I couldn't do that!"

The bronze-haired boy only shrugged. "Sure you can. I'm asking you to."

The Weber girl stared at him in bewilderment. "But-but why would you do that? How does this benefit you?"

Edward glanced over at her and smiled, before focusing on the road once more. "Because it'll make you happy, and I like the idea of me being the one providing for you. Spend as much as you like. Money isn't an issue, I assure you."

As Edward pulled into the driveway, he parked the car and turned to face Angela. "Here." He handed her an Amex Black Card. "Pin is 4232."

At the sight of just what card it was exactly, Angela's eyes widened. "This- Edward, no." She shook her head.

Edward simply raised a brow and pushed the card even closer to her. "Angel, yes."

"I can't take this!" Angela tried again.

Edward raised a brow. "You can, and you will." His tone brokered for no debate.

Angela flushed deeply, as she fought to push away the feelings his attitude was evoking within her.

For goodness sake, this shouldn't be attractive to me! She thought to herself, as she adjusted her glasses, cleared her throat, and tried once more. "Really, Edward, it's okay!"

Edward's gaze heated, as he smirked and moved to lean in closer to Angela's face. "If you don't take this card out of my hands, Angel — then I'll simply make you accept it."

Angela felt her heartbeat quicken, as she looked down at Edward's lips and then back up to his golden eyes once more. She could've sworn they were dark brown the other day, but she paid no mind to that now. At his intense gaze, she couldn't help but falter a little. "You-you can't make me."

Edward chuckled, as he tucked a piece of her hair behind her ear and got even closer to her face. Angela resisted the urge to shiver at his touch. Not only because of the lack of distance between them, but because of how cold Edward's hand was. He was always cold, but she pushed that thought away too. She had much more pressing matters on her mind right now.  They were so close now, that Angela could feel the words he whispered against her lips. "Are you sure about that?"

Before Angela could respond, the sound of someone knocking on the window of the driver's side interrupted the couple. Angela closed her eyes, as she pulled away from Edward's reach and looked out the window.

"Gigi, hurry! Come play with us!" Isaac's muffled voice reached her ears.

The brunette sighed, as she shot Edward an exasperated look. "You're not going to let this go, are you?"

Edward smirked. "Not a chance."

Angela shook her head in fond exasperation, as she reluctantly took the card. "You are...really something, Edward Cullen, you know that?"

The aforementioned boy had the audacity to look proud, as he nodded triumphantly. "Mhm. I know I am, but you like that."

Blushing once more, Angela did not respond. Rather, she grabbed her backpack and kissed Edward on the cheek. "Thank you for the ride. I'll see you tomorrow?"

Edward smiled. "Of course. See you tomorrow, Angel. Be safe."

"You too." She returned the smile and then got out of the car to go and see what her brothers were up to.

Edward stayed to make sure Isaac, Josh, and Angela all made it back into the house safely, and only drove off once the door was closed and he heard the lock turn.

As he sped off towards his house, he brushed his lips slightly. It felt like his lips were still tingling from that brief moment of contact with Angela's.

There was never any doubts, but he now knew for certain — that Angela Weber was his mate.