XVIII.

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍
༊*·˚☆: *.☽

i. act ii !

— 𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐋𝐀 𝐀𝐖𝐎𝐊𝐄 𝐁𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 and early Saturday morning, as she made her way to her brothers' room to get them ready for the day

Just as she finished helping Isaac and Josh pick their outfits, she heard a knock on her front door.

Unfortunately, she only realized that she still wasn't dressed for the day when she opened the door and was greeted by the sight of Edward. He was perfectly poised; dressed in dark blue jeans, a grey t-shirt, a black collared wool coat, and black combat boots.

Angela tried her best to smoothen her hair, as she became conscious of her pajamas: a thin grey cami and black pajama shorts that admittedly left very little to the imagination. The cold breeze sweeping against her exposed legs pulled her out of her thoughts, as she let Edward into the house.

"Goodness, I look a mess! I'm so sorry you have to see me like this. Let me go get changed real quick." The brunette rambled.

Edward cut her off before she could continue, by pulling her into his body by her waist and dropping a gentle kiss on her lips. "You look beautiful no matter what, Angel."

Angela blushed, as she quickly pecked him once and then rushed into her room to get ready.

Just as her room door closed, Isaac and Josh came rushing out of their room. Upon seeing Edward, Josh smiled shyly but made no move to approach him. Isaac, on the other hand — wasted no time rushing toward the vampire.

"Eddie! Come play with me and Joshie!" He giggled as he hugged Edward — who had crouched down to catch him in his arms once the boy had begun running to him.

Edward smiled. "Hello to you too, little man. I'll play with you and Joshie, but not for long. Did your sister tell you we're going shopping?"

Isaac made a face, as Edward set him down on the ground once more. "Are we getting more of that gross green stuff?"

Edward laughed as the image of shopping for zucchini with Iris popped into Isaac's head. "Not that kind of shopping, buddy. We're actually gonna get you and Joshie some toys."

Both Isaac and Josh's eyes widened comically, as the latter made his way close enough to Edward to grasp a part of his jeans. "You're getting us toys!? Really!?" He asked excitedly.

Edward simply smiled and nodded. "You bet I am. We're also gonna get your sister some new clothes, as well as some food to eat, so I hope you two are hungry."

The twins only nodded vehemently, the excited smiles never leaving their faces.

Just then, Angela emerged from her room, a small smile on her face. "You boys ready?"

The reply was both instantaneous and simultaneous.

"Yes!"

— 𝐄𝐃𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐃 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐊𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄 Volvo and looked at Angela. "What do you wanna do first, Angel? Clothes or toys?"

Angela took a moment to think, before looking back at her brothers and smiling. "I say let's get the boys their toys first. That way they won't be so bored when we window shop for clothes."

Edward narrowed his eyes. "We're not just window shopping, we're buying too, love."

No. She thought but smiled anyways. "Sure."

The vampire raised a brow. "Fine, then. You can window shop, and anything your eyes linger on or anything you even consider for more than a second — I'll buy."

Angela's eyes widened. "Edward, no!"

He smirked. "Then let's shop."

— 𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐈𝐒𝐀𝐀𝐂 𝐀𝐍𝐃 Josh had picked out their toys respectively, the group of four walked to the neighboring shop to look at clothes.

Angela didn't go to Port Angeles too often anymore, but this was her second time visiting within the past two weeks — both times thanks to the Cullens.

The Weber girl felt a sudden wave of guilt hit her.

Look at you, Angela, spending the Cullens' money because you can't afford to spend your own. Selfish. She thought to herself scathingly. She couldn't have stopped the thought from coming even if she had tried — which she did, because she knew Edward had just heard all of it.

As Isaac and Josh headed further into the store with one of their toys each, Edward turned and faced Angela. He set her with a look on his face that brokered for no argument. "Listen to me, Angel. You are not selfish, okay? I'm happy to spoil both you and your brothers. So don't go thinking otherwise, alright?"

Angela smiled softly, as she adjusted her glasses. "I don't deserve you." She whispered.

Edward nodded. "I agree. You deserve so much more."

The brunette shook her head. "I'm quite content with you. I couldn't ask for more."

The couple shared a smile and then began to look at different items of clothing around the store. Though Angela often found the rare moments she shopped for herself to be more out of necessity than pleasure, the Weber girl knew this time would be different.

After all, she had her boys with her this time. And anything with them was bound to fill her heart with joy.

— 𝐒𝐈𝐗 𝐎𝐔𝐓𝐅𝐈𝐓𝐒 𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐑 and a lighthearted argument later — the group of four exited the shop.

"I still don't understand why you wouldn't let me get you another outfit." Edward sulked, the slightest hint of childishness seeping through his tone.

Angela simply shook her head and laughed. "You're the one who wouldn't let me off with just outfits for a school week."

"You have to understand, Angel — I would sooner hug Rosalie, than not get you a new Sunday dress." He shook his head.

Angela smacked his arm lightly. "Don't be mean, Edward. Rose isn't so bad."

"You don't understand, Angel. That woman..." He trailed off and sighed, "After all these years, she tolerates me at best. You on the other hand — she loves you."

Angela blushed, but refrained from saying anything, and instead hurried to the Volvo to help Isaac and Josh get into the car and buckle up.

Edward smiled at the sight of his girlfriend being so motherly and quickly opened the passenger door for her. When he got into the car himself, he turned to look at the twins. "Alright, boys. What do we feel like eating?" He asked them.

Isaac and Josh didn't even so much as glance at one another before they both answered at the same time.

"Pizza!"

Angela and Edward chuckled. "Okay. Pizza it is then."

As Edward exited the parking lot and began driving to the closest pizzeria, Angela smiled.

It had been a really good day, and she took a moment to just be thankful for the people she'd been blessed to have in her life. She didn't think life could get much better than this.